Dave Paulsen

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
IF Paster got ACC COY at Ga Tech, then it should be pretty obvious Dave Paulsen should get it in the A10.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
  1. Atlantic 10 MBB‏@A10MBB Mar 5
    Major #A10MBB awards will be announced Tuesday! Who is your coach of the year selection?

30% - Archie Miller, Dayton
    33% - Dave Paulsen, Mason
    21% - Maurice Joseph, GW
    16% - Someone Else

Ángel Cabrera‏@CabreraAngel 15h15 hours ago
Ángel Cabrera Retweeted Atlantic 10 MBB

Only one correct answer :)

Ángel Cabrera added,

Atlantic 10 MBB@A10MBB
Major #A10MBB awards will be announced Tuesday! Who is your coach of the year selection?

Last edited:

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Dave Paulsen‏Verified account@PaulsenDave 2h2 hours ago
#rayBucknell ! So excited

C6cYMWOWcAAibu6.jpg

ephoops

Starter
Bucknell is 26-8 this season with wins over Vandy (road) and Richmond (home). They also lost to LaSalle (road) in their OOC schedule.

Paulsen's recruits account for over 85% of the team's points, rebounds and assists. Paulsen left the cupboard very full when he departed Bucknell for Mason.

They have an RPI of 63 and KenPom ranking of 79. Both rankings would put them 4th in the A10.

If this team played in the A10, it would probably finish anywhere from 4th to 6th.

They will probably be a 14th seed (maybe a 13) in the tournament. They have a shot at winning a first round game -- maybe two if they get the right match ups. The team is very balanced, they can shoot and they have a solid center (POY in the Patriot League) with a very good stretch 4 who can score, rebound and pass.

They also do not have any seniors in their starting line up. Depending on their OOC schedule next year, the team could land in the Top 25 next season.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Bucknell is 26-8 this season with wins over Vandy (road) and Richmond (home). They also lost to LaSalle (road) in their OOC schedule.

Paulsen's recruits account for over 85% of the team's points, rebounds and assists. Paulsen left the cupboard very full when he departed Bucknell for Mason.

They have an RPI of 63 and KenPom ranking of 79. Both rankings would put them 4th in the A10.

If this team played in the A10, it would probably finish anywhere from 4th to 6th.

They will probably be a 14th seed (maybe a 13) in the tournament. They have a shot at winning a first round game -- maybe two if they get the right match ups. The team is very balanced, they can shoot and they have a solid center (POY in the Patriot League) with a very good stretch 4 who can score, rebound and pass.

They also do not have any seniors in their starting line up. Depending on their OOC schedule next year, the team could land in the Top 25 next season.

Depending on the outcome of our game tonight, DP, Dane Fischer and Aaron Kelly could have a major role in building two 20-win teams in the same season.

You certainly don't see that every day.

They left Nathan Davis a loaded team at Bucknell and have done amazing work in less than two full seasons at Mason. Hopefully we will be able to keep Dane for a couple more seasons til our program is really up and rolling.

Last edited:

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

Shows how lucky Mason was in pulling him away from such a good team and program

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
Depending on the outcome of our game tonight, DP, Dane Fischer and Aaron Kelly could have a major role in building two 20-win teams in the same season.

You certainly don't see that every day.

They left Nathan Davis a loaded team at Bucknell and have done amazing work in less than two full seasons at Mason. Hopefully we will be able to keep Dane for a couple more seasons til our program is really up and rolling.

If Dane leaves and Shaka gets fired at Texas maybe he'll come be an assistant under Dave. ;)

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Is there a non P5 coach in the country we'd rather have in Fairfax? I can't think of any.

Looking up really successful non-P5 coaches and came across this one: Gregg Marshall at Wichita State makes $3.3 million...that's a huge sum of money.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
What happened to the MVC? I know they lost Creighton, but still. Hope they bounce back.

URI winning probably knocked Illinois State off the bubble, unfortunately, because the NCAA would rather take a 12 loss Cal team than include another mid-major. UNI is another team from the MVC who usually is an NCAA contender and they were off this year.

GMUSig03

All-Conference
URI winning probably knocked Illinois State off the bubble, unfortunately, because the NCAA would rather take a 12 loss Cal team than include another mid-major. UNI is another team from the MVC who usually is an NCAA contender and they were off this year.

I know, just seems like they used to be a much deeper league. Maybe my current impression of them was created when we were still in the CAA so they seemed more impressive then with multiple bids.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Is there a non P5 coach in the country we'd rather have in Fairfax? I can't think of any.

Kermit Davis
Kevin Keatts
Randy Bennett
Mark Few
Gregg Marshall

I'd also consider Archie Miller and Dan Hurley. Probably a few others if I really thought about it.

I'm a big Paulsen fan and suspect he's going to right the ship and do good things. Any non-P5 coach, though? Yeah, I'll take the proven quantity over the speculative one every day.

Last edited: