Dave Paulsen

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Re the 2pt%, how much of that this year is attributed to higher opposing talent?

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Re the 2pt%, how much of that this year is attributed to higher opposing talent?

I would attribute it to the fact that we have a young, undersized roster that some teams have had tremendous success exploiting.

We will be much better defensively when our freshmen become sophomores and we aren't outmatched physically at the 4 spot on a nightly basis.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
http://www.basketballforum.com/atla...3937-10-hot-seat-index-burnin-bernies-16.html:

Re: A-10 Hot Seat Index: The Burnin' Bernies
Burnin' Bernie's Ranking

Carolina Reaper (2.2M scoville) Self-immolation - every fiber of your being screams in pain
-Jim Ferry

Ghost Pepper (1M scoville) You know you are going to suffer, but the endorphin rush almost makes it worth the gamble
-Derek Kellogg
-John Giannini

Habanero Pepper (350k scoville) The heat overwhelms what mild flavor exists
-Maurice Joseph

Cayenne Pepper (50k scoville) Initially flavorful but with a back-end burn like a jet fighter
-Phil Martelli

Jalapeno Pepper (8k scoville) Flavorful with some pain - can be modified to be completely palatable
-Chris Mooney
-Dan Hurley
-Jeff Neubauer

Poblano Pepper (1k scoville) Barely disturbs the tongue, uncomfortable only to the most sensitive
-Mark Schmidt
-Dave Paulsen
-Travis Ford

Bell Pepper (0 scoville) No discomfort whatsoever
-Will Wade
-Archie Miller
-Bob McKillop

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Mason Basketball‏@MasonMBB

Coach Paulsen on today's game, the regular season and moving on to Pittsburgh next week #GetPatriotic

C6Gwq68XMAAwJsV.jpg

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
More like Mason 60 Tillman 72. We gave them that game.

mason89

Starter
So, is another contract extension for Coach Paulsen imminent?

I sure hope so. We need to do everything we can to make sure DP is happy.

BTW, I didn't see it posted elsewhere, but did anyone else notice the shiner under DP's left eye? It looked like he may have participated in a rough practice or got into a barroom brawl or something...

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
I sure hope so. We need to do everything we can to make sure DP is happy.

BTW, I didn't see it posted elsewhere, but did anyone else notice the shiner under DP's left eye? It looked like he may have participated in a rough practice or got into a barroom brawl or something...

Should have seen what Boyd and Marquise did to the guy who wanted to mess with Dave.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Coach Paulsen? The A10 Coach of the Year Dave Paulsen?

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
Coach Paulsen? The A10 Coach of the Year Dave Paulsen?

Sure, some coaches have a better record with more talent, but all things considered, who did a better job coaching this season? Will Wade won with Shaka guys. Maybe Archie Miller, but past that there is nobody past that in the A-10 I'd rather have on our sideline, and even that is questionable.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Sure, some coaches have a better record with more talent, but all things considered, who did a better job coaching this season? Will Wade won with Shaka guys. Maybe Archie Miller, but past that there is nobody past that in the A-10 I'd rather have on our sideline, and even that is questionable.

I would guess Paulsen or Miller gets the award this year. If Paulsen has similar or better success next year he earns the COY. If I am trying to be objective, the a knock some critics might say about Paulsen is that Moore and Jenkins are a great talent and they are not his guys.

That said, know Hewitt was unable to achieve this type of performance from these players, so that shows how good of a coach Paulsen is. But I am just trying to be objective.

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
I would guess Paulsen or Miller gets the award this year. If Paulsen has similar or better success next year he earns the COY. If I am trying to be objective, the a knock some critics might say about Paulsen is that Moore and Jenkins are a great talent and they are not his guys.

That said, know Hewitt was unable to achieve this type of performance from these players, so that shows how good of a coach Paulsen is. But I am just trying to be objective.

The only time Hewitt won at all was when he back in to 24 victories with L holdovers. Once his recruits came in he won half that. So, basically minus L's recruits, he was Ernie Nestor.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Dayton- Great Case for COY
vcu- has a case, but didn't beat anyone unexpected.
Richmond- Great season but not COY material
Rhode Island- Great season, but under performed
St Bonaventure- top 5 not bad but was expected
Geo. Washington- after everything that happened I think a 6th place finish is pretty damn good.
GMU- surpassed preseason expectations, but by enough
Everyone else- finished bottom half....

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I think with how the closed the season GW's coach has a much better shot than people are thinking. But Dayton's been so dominant I expect Miller to get it. Had we finished with a winning conference record or picked up one of the two SLU games I'd think Paulsen would have a 50/50 shot with Miller.

Dont care who wins the coach of the year, just make sure we do whatever it takes to keep Paulsen. We have been given a second chance with this coach guys!