Bracketology 2014

KAOriginal

All-American
In the spirit of all of those who used to say "You have to root for your conference mates when they make the dance"....you now get to root for so many more OTHER teams when March Madness ensues....

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

GW a 9 seed.
UMass a 6 seed.
vcu a 9 seed.
St. Louis a 6 seed.

Delaware CAA auto bid - 13 seed.
Ga State Sun Belt auto bid - 14 seed.

Richmond is one of the "First Four Out". It's awesome to be a part of a conference that can consistently get 3, 4, or even 5 bids to the NCAA Tourney year in and year out. Can't wait for Mason to be a part of these bracketology discussions in the future.

Last edited:

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023

Interesting that they have Delaware beating out Towson for the CAA bid, although I've been very impressed with the Blue Hens in the three or four games I have watched. Jarvis Threat and Saddler have had amazing seasons, but the real key has been the addition of Mississippi State transfer Devon Usher.

Usher's averaging 19 points a game, which gives Delaware a lethal trio of scorers with Saddler leading the way with 20 points a game and Threat chipping in with 18. Throw in another 11 points each from Kyle Anderson and Carl Baptiste, and you could have one of the most potent starting fives in all of basketball.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Interesting that they have Delaware beating out Towson for the CAA bid,
He is simply selecting the team at the top of the conference standings, not predicting who will win the auto bid.

I do think the streak of VA teams winning the CAA tourney comes to an end this year.

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I have gone to a few Delaware games this season. They're legit. I assume Towson is, too, but I haven't seen them play. Delaware, believe it or not, is better than a 14 seed.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
With Dayton beating SLU there will now likely be six A10 teams in the tourney. Really impressive.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
With Dayton beating SLU there will now likely be six A10 teams in the tourney. Really impressive.

It'll be seven when we complete the miracle run from PIG to A-10 tournament champion next Sunday.

But our jubilation will be short-lived: Cabrera will raise Hewitt to $1.5 M per season and give him a lifetime contract the day before we lose by 47 in the opening round of the NCAAs.

Double-edged swords! It's how we roll at Mason, baby!

mason2k1

Starter
I watched the end of that game, fun game to watch. Dayton tied it up in the second and then all of a sudden would be down by 5 0r 7 and losing momentum. No time outs called. Everyone was on the same page and didn't blink an eye. They hit some key 3's and Dayton took the lead halfway through the second half and commenced Operation Win. We've had so many close losses, especially to this ranked STL team, it would've been nice to hold on to a couple of these close games that we lost in the final minutes, or in OT (0/3 in OT).

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I watched the end of that game, fun game to watch.

I watched the entire game, and you left out the most important detail from a Mason perspective. Rob Lough and Jake Barnett — two players who killed us from behind the arc — both missed wide-open 3s that would have tied the game in the last minute. Just another example of how snake-bitten we are this year.

Note: I think Dayton is a dangerous team in the A10 tournament. They are the one team in our league that I really didn't think we matched up with well. Everybody keeps talking up vcu, St. Louis and UMass, but Dayton could very well be the sleeper team to look out for in Brooklyn.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I watched the entire game, and you left out the most important detail from a Mason perspective. Rob Lough and Jake Barnett — two players who killed us from behind the arc — both missed wide-open 3s that would have tied the game in the last minute. Just another example of how snake-bitten we are this year.

Note: I think Dayton is a dangerous team in the A10 tournament. They are the one team in our league that I really didn't think we matched up with well. Everybody keeps talking up vcu, St. Louis and UMass, but Dayton could very well be the sleeper team to look out for in Brooklyn.

Dayton's biggest problem is it doesn't defend at all. SLU's guys missed a bunch of shots they normally make, and both Evans and Jett were noticeably hampered, and they still had a chance to tie/win in the last minute.

Dayton is as good as anybody in our league offensively, and I can see them winning a couple games in Brooklyn, but it's awfully tough to score your way to a title when you have to play 4 games in 4 days.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Dayton is as good as anybody in our league offensively, and I can see them winning a couple games in Brooklyn, but it's awfully tough to score your way to a title when you have to play 4 games in 4 days.

Definitely a tough mountain to climb, Jim. I just see them as a very gritty team that nobody in the top four wants to play. We have many great coaches in the A10, but Archie Miller could be the most underrated. I just love his passion, something our guy seems to lack on the sidelines unless he ripping into a ref.