Baseball Advances to NCAA TOURNAMENT!

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Great day indeed.
I realize we see its Northeastern and think its not a P5 school, but they've been a better program than ours for a number of years. They earned an at large bid. This is just our 2nd win in the NCAAs ever so congrats all around. Lets hope we don't have to wait another 30 years before we get win #3......

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
ESPN+ still saying "weather delay". What happens if their game is rained out? They'd have to play tomorrow and the loser would then play a second game against Mason back-to-back, I'd assume. I'd take any advantage we can get.

HA! They're playing right now!! First pitch was 10:43pm.

OK... I'm gonna channel @GreenLantern here and predict WF over MD 7-6...
17 innings!

Last edited:

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Announcers now saying that the Loser of the UMd-WFU game (likely the Terps) will play Mason at 2 pm on Sunday and the winner of that game will play a game against the no-loss team immediately following.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
More detail than you'll ever want on Maryland's 21-6 loss to Wake!

Most relevant to our prospects is this:
"Win twice or go home. The Terps haven’t been eliminated yet, but they need to run the table to make it to a super regional. First up is a matchup with local foe George Mason, which took down Northeastern, 11-3, on Saturday. The winner of that game earns a rematch with the Demon Deacons later in the day, and if they win that matchup, an additional winner-take-all game will be played Monday. The Terps have also burned through both of their aces, and freshman left-handed pitcher Kyle McCoy is unavailable this weekend."

Looks like it may come down to pitching depth.