Are we fading away like UMass did after their Final 4?

J

JDK

Spectator
1. 1996 will mark 25 years since their Final 4 run
2. Their program struggled after their legendary coach left (much like ours)
3. They have a similar big arena that they struggle to fill

what are we going to do to stop fading away like they did?

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
1. 1996 will mark 25 years since their Final 4 run
2. Their program struggled after their legendary coach left (much like ours)
3. They have a similar big arena that they struggle to fill

what are we going to do to stop fading away like they did?
Win

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Wasn't UMass even ranked #1 for a time during their FF year? Had a few buddies who attended St. Bonaventure during that era. Recall an upset bid by the Bonnies at home. TV camera panned the crazed student section and caught one of my friends screaming "We're going to shock the world!". Unfortunately, the Bonnies did not end up shocking the world that day.

FreeGunston12

All-American
What's the point of a "sky is falling" thread after the sky has fallen?

I mean, I get it. But you might not want to wait around for them to put it back up there. Anything DP accomplishes here can not be attributed to the Final Four run in any way. The momentum is gone, and we will just have to live with that.

KAOriginal

All-American
Uh yes. There's no will to win...at all at any level. I mean sure..people "want" to win. But its not serious.

"One Shining Moment".....captures our program if you really think about it.

It's almost a joke to even discuss that we can amount to anything other than a footnote in history.

Last edited:

KAOriginal

All-American
But good news.....Smart and Grant were listed on ESPNs best hires of the past 25 years in basketball and Justin Kier ranked 17th in the transfer rankings this year.

Good point. At least GMU's won't be vacated at this late juncture I assume - so there's that. Luckily, Jollay's calls to investigate the Larranaga regime have fallen on deaf ears.

I believe I have been pretty consistent in implicating L post-2006 and ignoring the prior possible indiscretions.

When did he help Jason Miskiri and the Mexican cartels establish Jason's restaurant? I believe that was post-2006.

OP
J

JDK

Spectator
What's the point of a "sky is falling" thread after the sky has fallen?

I mean, I get it. But you might not want to wait around for them to put it back up there. Anything DP accomplishes here can not be attributed to the Final Four run in any way. The momentum is gone, and we will just have to live with that.

maybe you don't get my point that stale thinking and a lack of aggression will just continue the same mediocrity and how us making the NCAA once every 10 years will be viewed as acceptable.

This program needs a damn identity.

vcu had and has billboards that said/say Havoc and 94 feet of defense. You KNEW what vcu basketball is about.

What the hell is Mason basketball about? Mason Nation The Hoops Sensation? The Patriot with the Braveheart facepaint?

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
maybe you don't get my point that stale thinking and a lack of aggression will just continue the same mediocrity and how us making the NCAA once every 10 years will be viewed as acceptable.

This program needs a damn identity.

vcu had and has billboards that said/say Havoc and 94 feet of defense. You KNEW what vcu basketball is about.

What the hell is Mason basketball about? Mason Nation The Hoops Sensation? The Patriot with the Braveheart facepaint?

6'7 recruits! That is what Mason basketball is about.