A new low....

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Their fans get a lot of their "energy" from singing along with their band, so hopefully they dont get too coordinated.

MasonCrew

Starter
This year's vcu game will remind me of when I had to sit through the obnoxious Phillies and Mets fans when the Nats were in the gutter. Like all things, sports is a series of ebb and flow. The first step is getting rid of Hewitt and starting the rebuilding process. Look where GW was in 2011 and is now. vcu obviously has the most annoying fan base on the planet, but I honestly think it's from their deep seeded insecurities from being bullied all their lives. I really, really hate that school.

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
This year's vcu game will remind me of when I had to sit through the obnoxious Phillies and Mets fans when the Nats were in the gutter. Like all things, sports is a series of ebb and flow. The first step is getting rid of Hewitt and starting the rebuilding process. Look where GW was in 2011 and is now. vcu obviously has the most annoying fan base on the planet, but I
honestly think it's from their deep seeded insecurities from being bullied all their lives. I really, really hate that school.

I have nothing against their product on the court. It's that "Let's go, vcu" cheer that's beyond annoying. And you would think they could come up with something more creative than stealing a song from a Louisiana brass band.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GBDxUbm144

At least we don't play the same song 845 times/game.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Time to get some MFA music people together to compose an entirely new and original fight song (music and lyrics).

I always thought we stole it from Michigan or Notre Dame or something like that, lol

I am pretty sure our fight song was composed by one of the music professors (I think Tony Maiello) but I will check on that. New lyrics would be dumb as those lyrics are like 3 years old as it is.

I'll dig around and see if I can get an actual composer for the fight song. From what I remember, we had one of the composition professors do it, but he was a total space cadet and composed some really strange and "modern-sounding" fight song that didn't make any sense. Maiello then sat down and composed our current one in about 5 minutes. Sounds outrageous but wouldn't surprise me if that were true.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Maybe a 2 foot snowstorm will hit Richmond that day and no snow in DC and their fans can't make the trip.
Was it 2012 when we got hit with a big snow storm on the night of the vcu game at the Patriot Center? I forget which year, but I remember driving back to MD after that game and not being able to stop at the red lights on 355 because it was so bad, and I was driving about 10 mph.

MasonCrew

Starter
That was the year we beat them in overtime with Cam Long hitting free throws to tie it right near the buzzer. Such an awesome game, the place was going nuts with Pearson's and-1 to basically seal the game. Wasn't super crowded cause the snow, but I think everyone had cabin fever and was just going nuts the whole time. One of the best games I've seen live. Oh the good old days (three years ago) when we used to beat vcu every time they came to Fairfax.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Like Pablo said.... they have to accrue priority points by attending games in order to have lower level seats at the Tourney. Since they won't accrue any points, or maybe a few if they attend the vcu game at Mason, they still won't get good seats. Any Mason fan who attends more than 1 home game will accrue more priority points than them, therefore, will have a better seat at the Tourney than these donkeys.

So suuuuuure, let the mongrels come by our tickets...these dumbasses will be far, far away from the court at the tourney. Don't worry..... our AD knows this and we will have the last laugh.

Cool Disco Dan

Sixth Man
andddd screen shot incase this happens.

Here is the poster's picture, in case this happens and you need it:
image.jpg

Last edited: