A new low....

JPgmuswim

Starter
The way we are playing this season Mason fans won't be using those seats very long in the tourney anyway. I personally wouldn't head up to NYC to see us play this year. I say let them spend money on our program and hope they lose early in the tourney.

Trivia question. How many A-10 titles does vcu have? Answer? Zippy.

So do we. And they've been here twice as long.

Don't look now, either. Rhode Island's penis > vcu's. So envy them for once, people.

Come to Rhode Island. Small state. Big penises.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yikes... And I thought we were a bad free throw shooting team, vcu was 9-21 from the Charity Stripe. RI not much better at 13-22.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Don't blame TexasRam, it's easy to believe that another group of people is capable of doing something that your own tribe has done in the past.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Like Pablo said.... they have to accrue priority points by attending games in order to have lower level seats at the Tourney. Since they won't accrue any points, or maybe a few if they attend the vcu game at Mason, they still won't get good seats. Any Mason fan who attends more than 1 home game will accrue more priority points than them, therefore, will have a better seat at the Tourney than these donkeys.

So suuuuuure, let the mongrels come by our tickets...these dumbasses will be far, far away from the court at the tourney. Don't worry..... our AD knows this and we will have the last laugh.

Tweeder,

I never implied that vcu fans won't get any of the lower level seats allotted to Mason. While the Mason season ticket holders and donors will get priority in seating, it seems highly likely to me that the vcu fans (who purchase their tickets through Mason) will be assigned seating in Mason's best section(s) just as they were at the CAA tourney.

And, frankly, I have no desire to go through that experience again!

Last edited:

Harry

Starter
It might actually be a good thing for us long term if vcu fans completely take over the Patriot Center this season. What louder signal for change could there be?
It will be the late 1980s, when the Richmond fans took over the Pat Dome, chanting their obnoxious "Richmond....Spiders." This after Nestor squandered the program's success under Harrington and Barnes. It was a great day when Dick Tarrant retired and the program when down hill.

patriotchild

Starter
I am pretty sure our fight song was composed by one of the music professors (I think Tony Maiello) but I will check on that. New lyrics would be dumb as those lyrics are like 3 years old as it is.

I'll dig around and see if I can get an actual composer for the fight song. From what I remember, we had one of the composition professors do it, but he was a total space cadet and composed some really strange and "modern-sounding" fight song that didn't make any sense. Maiello then sat down and composed our current one in about 5 minutes. Sounds outrageous but wouldn't surprise me if that were true.

nothing like cramming too many syllables in a line (we're going to cheer for george mason... etc.) and everyone read the lyrics off tiny screens so it sounds like a mumbled mess. We should have just stuck with go green, go gold, fight fight fight.

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
Am I the only one that thinks spelling out "M-A-S-O-N" during "No Sleep Til Brooklyn" is disrespecting the great Beastie Boys?