A-10 Tourney: Game(s) Discussion Thread

Really tough when two quality teams in a row (Dayton, St. Joe's) can just watch your game and prepare for you if you win.

Taking the train up Wednesday and staying till Saturday. Assuming we at least get by Fordham but at this juncture who really cares.

GMU What

Four-star Recruit
It sure would be nice to beat the Rams during our conference tourney for a change. Beating two Rams' teams would be even better.

Can't wait to hear from those of you who are going up to brooklyn, I want to hear what you think of the venue and the atmosphere.

Haxormax

Starter
There is a 2000% chance that it's going to be better than Richmond. Richmond is the worst place on earth. I wish we would've left the CAA when we were actually a good team.

sigmanorm

Starter
Really tough when two quality teams in a row (Dayton, St. Joe's) can just watch your game and prepare for you if you win.

Taking the train up Wednesday and staying till Saturday. Assuming we at least get by Fordham but at this juncture who really cares.
Doing the same thing. Taking the train up with my boy at 1pm. Gotta check out the Barclay Center. Looks pretty nice.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Now I'm seriously considering going to the game Wednesday. Only about an hour and a half from my house. Might take the train so I can drink my sorrows away on the ride home.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Now I'm seriously considering going to the game Wednesday. Only about an hour and a half from my house. Might take the train so I can drink my sorrows away on the ride home.

I don't know if you ever went when the tourney was in Richmond, but seeing Mason (or any March conference tournament for that matter), is always awesome in person. If you can, I'd encourage you to check out any of the other games too because they are always very good and a ton of fun. I know Mason isn't good this year, but its worth it to take advantage if you are close IMO.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
I don't know if you ever went when the tourney was in Richmond, but seeing Mason (or any March conference tournament for that matter), is always awesome in person. If you can, I'd encourage you to check out any of the other games too because they are always very good and a ton of fun. I know Mason isn't good this year, but its worth it to take advantage if you are close IMO.

I went to the CAA tournament a few times. Definitely a good time.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I went to the CAA tournament a few times. Definitely a good time.

Agreed. I was fortunate to go a few times as well and loved it. I plan on going to Brooklyn at some point, but most likely when the team is a bit better since it involves more than a day trip.

I also saw the Big East Tournament at MSG back in 99 and loved that as well. I saw a buzzer beater between Gtown and WVA I believe. Well before I even knew Mason existed. :eek:

Bricker

Starter
I'll be going up for Friday's games-- but that's all I could manage. I don't know you, you don't know me... let's keep it that way, internet weirdos.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I fly in to JFK on Wednesday. Staying in Brooklyn Wed night. Fordham has lost 8 in a row, these yellow bellies have no soul left. I want Sherrod to step on their hearts in the first half and blow these bitches out. UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!

Goodguys 66
Waiting to be Gyro Meat 60

If we win... I will head to the local hipster pub, get drunk and find a vcu fan to beat up.

If we lose.... I plan on plastering that town with Green and Gold spraypaint while dominating the Hipsters in every aspect of life while I burn Brooklyn to the ground with copious amounts of vodka, cocaine, peyote, moonshine, and 21 year old BU sorority sluts being used and abused in my hotel room. God help Brooklyn if we lose.

nynva

Preferred Walk-On
maybe our guys can enjoy some home cooking leading to multiple victories.

I'm toying with the idea of going to the game but don't know of anyone to go with.

Harry

Starter
I was a regular in Richmond but will be sitting out the A-10 tourney. Just can't justify the expense...plus I can't get off work in the middle of the week for a play-in game.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Ahhh Richmond. Stormed that court all 3 caa tourney titles. Hope to do it at Barclays....in a few years.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Is tomorrow's game on A10TV free of charge?

We only have one thread for all of our A10 tourney games? (assuming there are more than one game...)why not separate threads for each game? I like to keep an orderly flow to the game-to-game coach and player bashing.

Remember the last time we were an 11 seed in a tournament????????????that worked out pretty well for us. Maybe that was the plan all year long.