A-10 Hirings and Firings

JPgmuswim

Starter
It’s that time of year, looks like Fordham will be firing Jeff Neubauer after their embarrassing loss to Richmond. Neubauer was hired in 2015.

What’s everyone guesses on coaching changes in the A-10 this year. I have to imagine Mooney at U of R will be gone next.
I would think that Maurice Joseph’s seat would be warm at GW but I think they may give him one more year. He officially became their head coach in March of 2017 on a 5 year deal.

Outside of those 3 I don’t think anyone else gets replaced unless a coach decides to leave on their own.

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
He’s another guy I think may get 1 more year. They were terrible this year though.
He’ll get next year but with no Pipkins and probably another random transfer or two they might be even worse next year, especially in a stronger A10.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I think McCall probably gets 2 more years at least because he is only in year 2. They have to show significant improvement however.

MoJo I am not 100% sure on. They have gotten a LOT worse under him but he still has a few years on his deal, so he probably gets another deal too.

Neubeuer should be gone. 4 years, no improvement. Mooney I think should be gone but I am not sure how that one will go either. Should be interesting to watch if any of these jobs open up and who replacements are.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Richmond should fire Mooney — he certainly deserves it — but they won’t.

Mooney is besties with the big-money donor who gave the naming gift for their new practice facility; I think Richmond gives him one more year and if he doesn’t make the NCAAs, they’ll eat the last two years on his deal.

Bricker

Starter
Richmond should fire Mooney — he certainly deserves it — but they won’t.

Mooney is besties with the big-money donor who gave the naming gift for their new practice facility; I think Richmond gives him one more year and if he doesn’t make the NCAAs, they’ll eat the last two years on his deal.

Feinstien gave this bizarre lecture during his commentary of the Richmond-Fordham game yesterday where he basically said that Richmond is a "well coached team" and that anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot (I can only assume he wasn't paying attention to that sorry excuse for a game).

In other words, I assume he's friends with Mooney and has read/witnessed how Richmond's fan base is up in arms over what a terrible job he is doing.

Personally, I think Richmond should sign him to a lifetime deal. Even Hewitt had this dude's number...

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Feinstien gave this bizarre lecture during his commentary of the Richmond-Fordham game yesterday where he basically said that Richmond is a "well coached team" and that anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot (I can only assume he wasn't paying attention to that sorry excuse for a game).

In other words, I assume he's friends with Mooney and has read/witnessed how Richmond's fan base is up in arms over what a terrible job he is doing.

Personally, I think Richmond should sign him to a lifetime deal. Even Hewitt had this dude's number...

I remember wanting to throw something through my TV all the times analysts said how “well coached” we were under Hewitt.

It’s like they are pathologically predisposed to only say nice things about coaches regardless of their performance.

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I remember wanting to throw something through my TV all the times analysts said how “well coached” we were under Hewitt.

It’s like they are pathologically predisposed to only say nice things about coaches regardless of their performance.
These guys do the bare minimum in terms of research in order to do commentary for mid-majors. It's pretty obvious that they rely pretty heavily on name recognition. If Laranaga was still here and he hadn't won a single game since the final four, analysts would still call us well coached. Mooney's trip to the sweet sixteen is the only reason pundits still praise him.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Can we fire one of our assistants and bring in someone who actually knows how to teach shooting form? And maybe who has some new ideas on how to get our players open?

Mason2005

All-American
GIVING DAY 2023
Can't imagine we can ask for more money from anyone after a 4 year fail. Change is needed.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk