2024 Transfer Portal - Potential Incoming and General Discussion

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I’m watching the D2 championship, and some of these guys look pretty talented. Is it common for d2 athletes to transfer up, and if so how do they typically pan out.

I think it does happen (trying to remember an example). Funnily enough, I used to work for NSU. Their arena is pretty nice (better than Rose Hill and Tom Gola that’s for sure). It’s right in the middle of campus and attached to the student union building (I cannot attest to the quality of the popcorn).

psyclone

Hall of Famer
I’m watching the D2 championship, and some of these guys look pretty talented. Is it common for d2 athletes to transfer up, and if so how do they typically pan out.
Some examples:

Dawgs99

Starter
I think it does happen (trying to remember an example). Funnily enough, I used to work for NSU. Their arena is pretty nice (better than Rose Hill and Tom Gola that’s for sure). It’s right in the middle of campus and attached to the student union building (I cannot attest to the quality of the popcorn).

One of Loyola Chicago's better players this year was a transfer up from D2 Cal U Pennsylvania.

FreeGunston12

All-American

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOQE_EJwR8s
I know he was highly rated and sought after out of high school, but man those numbers are ugly. I'm sure he's worth a scholarship with the hope that Skinn can turn that potential into production.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I know he was highly rated and sought after out of high school, but man those numbers are ugly. I'm sure he's worth a scholarship with the hope that Skinn can turn that potential into production.

For a freshman they aren’t that bad. From the game log it looks like he just let it fly and was your typical inconsistent shooter:

4-5 against Nebraska; 0-5 against Northeastern; 3-6 against Rutgers; 0-5 against Coppin St.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR

psyclone

Hall of Famer
There was a suspension related to a brawl -
The suspension was for 3 games according to this article, yet he did not play in any of the last 6 games of the season, all of which followed the Incarnate Word game. Also missed 8 other consecutive games late Jan to mid-Feb.

Last edited:

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Looks similar to Woody, but quicker and a little more advanced offensively (as a true sophomore)

Pablo

Hall of Famer
The suspension was for 3 games according to this article, yet he did not play in any of the last 6 games of the season, all of which followed the Incarnate Word game. Also missed 8 other consecutive games late Jan to mid-Feb.

"BREWER JR. SHINES AGAINST MCNEESE
• Against the Cowboys, Jerome Brewer Jr. scored 32 points, surpassing his career-high.
• He is the second Lion to score 30 or more points this season and has scored 20 or more points in three of his last five games.
He has missed the last eight games due to injury."

I don't know if this is the case, but I wouldn't think that it's unusual for a school to add additional game(s) to a suspension imposed by the conference for "flagrant unsportsmanlike actions."

Last edited:

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Texas A&M Commerce transfer Jerome Brewer Jr is on a visit to Mason.

6-9 combo F averaged 13 ppg as a sophomore. Good 3-point shooter.

Brewer scored • rebounded:
13 • 5 @ Texas A&M (L 46 – 78)
11 • 9 @ Texas Tech (L 46 – 73)
12 • 4 @ Kentucky (L 61 – 81)
11 • 0 @ SMU (L 47 – 90)

Season average 13.8 points and 4.7 rebounds while playing 29.4 minutes per game.

As long as his personality fits Mason's team then put him in Green 'n' Gold—I say, the kid can play.

Last edited:

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Anyone have insight into how Zach Anderson’s visit went and if we’re still in the running post-visit?

Not sure if we’re the fallback pending how things shake out with FSU.