2024 Transfer Portal - Potential Incoming and General Discussion

bravesfan

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
So far I've really liked the stat lines of the guys we have been mentioned with - would be amazing if the staff can get guys of this caliber relatively quickly and be done with the portal for the year

beau75

Four-star Recruit
So far I've really liked the stat lines of the guys we have been mentioned with - would be amazing if the staff can get guys of this caliber relatively quickly and be done with the portal for the year
Any updates on Gio Esherumu? Hoping we would heave heard something by now. Anyone have a pulse in the situation?

Pablo

Hall of Famer

The Portal Report

@ThePortalReport

Mount St. Mary’s transfer Dakota Leffew has received interest from the following schools:

Maryland
Indiana
Syracuse
Georgia
Gonzaga
Villanova
Ole Miss
Clemson
Iowa
Xavier
Notre Dame
BYU
Arizona State
Minnesota
Virginia Tech
George Mason
Richmond
vcu
College of Charleston
East Carolina
George Washington
Towson University
ETSU
Stony Brook
Loyola Chicago

10:07 PM · Mar 18, 2024

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Question ... I know HS Seniors have a limited number of official visits they can take during recruiting, but how does that work with players in the portal? Do they get visits paid for by the visited school? Do they pay their own way? Are their limits in number and duration?

Anyone here know the transfer portal official/unofficial visit rules ... if there are any?

My question here is considering the importance of a visit of a kid in the portal. If a kid has to pay his own way, I would think he's only going to visit schools where there is a real chance of transferring. If the school is paying, is the kid really sight seeing? I know there are some HS'ers who go on visits to schools just to see what it looks like with no real intention of enrolling. Would that be true of portal transfers?

KAOriginal

All-American
Question ... I know HS Seniors have a limited number of official visits they can take during recruiting, but how does that work with players in the portal? Do they get visits paid for by the visited school? Do they pay their own way? Are their limits in number and duration?

Anyone here know the transfer portal official/unofficial visit rules ... if there are any?

My question here is considering the importance of a visit of a kid in the portal. If a kid has to pay his own way, I would think he's only going to visit schools where there is a real chance of transferring. If the school is paying, is the kid really sight seeing? I know there are some HS'ers who go on visits to schools just to see what it looks like with no real intention of enrolling. Would that be true of portal transfers?
Their agents steer them to where they will most likely go....then it's reimbursed later out of the NIL money.

No agents you say? This is college athletics!

Agents are the only thing missing from just going all in on pay for play...but then again, I am sure the term "NIL advisory service" is already a thing ever so quietly....

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Per Ryan Kish, Mason had an in-home visit with Arkansas wing Devo Davis. Would be an absolute coup to add a 1,000-point scorer from the SEC to our returning team.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Their agents steer them to where they will most likely go....then it's reimbursed later out of the NIL money.

No agents you say? This is college athletics!

Agents are the only thing missing from just going all in on pay for play...but then again, I am sure the term "NIL advisory service" is already a thing ever so quietly....
NIL agents are definitely already a thing

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I’m watching the D2 championship, and some of these guys look pretty talented. Is it common for d2 athletes to transfer up, and if so how do they typically pan out.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Maryland freshman wing Jamie Kaiser is in the portal. NoVa kid was heavily recruited by Mason under KE — pretty sure he visited — and would be exactly the kind of 3-point shooting threat we need on the wing.