2024 Transfer Portal - Potential Incoming and General Discussion

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Are we still in on Anderson? Thought he was out of our price range.
I thought we were out of his price range but my guess is that he didn't get what he thought he could get, so his ask has dropped. I have no idea though.

Just a matter of what type of fit and whether we can give it or Indiana. Luke Goode who hit the portal today and plays the same position as Anderson may impact things.

OP
jessej

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I thought we were out of his price range but my guess is that he didn't get what he thought he could get, so his ask has dropped. I have no idea though.

Just a matter of what type of fit and whether we can give it or Indiana. Luke Goode who hit the portal today and plays the same position as Anderson may impact things.
this is good news for us- assuming we dont play Indiana next season until the tournament

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR

FreeGunston12

All-American
Hamed "Larry" Olayinka. 6'9 F from Utah Tech. Started his career at Garden City Community College. He visited Mason last summer. Staff is very familiar.

Was productive last season. Averaged 5.3ppg & 3.3rpg in 16mpg. Totalled 51 blocks.

Foul numbers are concerning. Fouled out of 9 games - one of those he only played 7 minutes in and another he only played 9 minutes. Had more fouls than rebounds on the season.