2023 Transfer Portal Thread

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This could be interesting. 6-10 combo F Rafael Castro is rumored to be on his way out of Providence, potentially giving us a second bite at the apple after we whiffed on him under DP.

What makes it particularly intriguing is I’m pretty sure his lead recruiter from Seton Hall was none other than Tony Skinn.

Castro wound up committing to Dayton, then switched to Providence after UD signed Daron Holmes.

He also apparently redshirted his freshman year so he has an extra year of eligibility.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
This could be interesting. 6-10 combo F Rafael Castro is rumored to be on his way out of Providence, potentially giving us a second bite at the apple after we whiffed on him under DP.

What makes it particularly intriguing is I’m pretty sure his lead recruiter from Seton Hall was none other than Tony Skinn.

Castro wound up committing to Dayton, then switched to Providence after UD signed Daron Holmes.
I really wanted him. That would be really great if we could get him.

OP
B

bravesfan

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Multiple vcu players have hit the portal:

Ace Baldwin
Jayden Nunn
Nick Kern
Jalen DeLoach
Jamir Watkins

That's gonna be a brand new team next year.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Multiple vcu players have hit the portal:

Ace Baldwin
Jayden Nunn
Nick Kern
Jalen DeLoach
Jamir Watkins

That's gonna be a brand new team next year.
I wonder if any follow him to PSU?

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Supposedly the entire team is going to the portal. Ace Baldwin had Seton Hall and UMD in his final 5 when he was initially recruited so perhaps Tony knows him and has a relationship.

I would put that at .0000001% happening but I am throwing the dream out there.