2023 Transfer Portal Thread

JPgmuswim

Starter

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
A coupe things I found interesting, he showed up to campus 280lbs, he’s currently 245 and wants to get down to 230 this summer. In limited minutes averaging 10 min per game he averaged 5 points.
His video was interesting, he had a post up move and also made a shot from 3. I suspect he would be a stretch 4 that could be both a post player and be a threat from the outside. I haven't watched more tape but I'm curious if he can create his own shot and be as verstaile as like a Schwartz was.

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Ironically I see a lot of Oduro in his game, but he appears to be more athletic/quicker and a better 3pt shooter. Would love to welcome him to Fairfax to pair with Henry, Ticket and possibly the UMD xfer?!

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Ironically I see a lot of Oduro in his game, but he appears to be more athletic/quicker and a better 3pt shooter. Would love to welcome him to Fairfax to pair with Henry, Ticket and possibly the UMD xfer?!
It wont happen, but what if Ace were to show up too? I love his game.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
It wont happen, but what if Ace were to show up too? I love his game.
No way, he's going to a P5 program or returning to vcu. He wouldn't make a lateral or downward move to Mason.
No disagreement that Ace isn't coming to Mason. The only reason I say its 99.99999% not likely and not 100% is because Seton Hall and Maryland were in his top 5, so I hold out hope that Tony had a solid relationship with him when he was at Seton Hall and stayed in touch or something.

That said, pipe dream.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
No disagreement that Ace isn't coming to Mason. The only reason I say its 99.99999% not likely and not 100% is because Seton Hall and Maryland were in his top 5, so I hold out hope that Tony had a solid relationship with him when he was at Seton Hall and stayed in touch or something.

That said, pipe dream.

iu

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
ACE comes to GMU if we can offer him the most in a NIL deal
i'd say the bids start at $100k

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
He’s looking at a half mil easily unless he chooses to stay at vcu, for which he’ll be paid a Happy Meal and a box of crayons
Is there a list of what these guys are getting paid?

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
BTW, the email from JO thanking me for my support of the Mason Players Club stated, "Me and my teammates appreciate your support."
A rising senior can't construct a simple sentence correctly. Sigh.

Last edited:

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Damn. Glad to get the Henry news - but in light of this news, I'm anxious to see who rhe new staff reels in.