2023 Transfer Portal Thread

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
If they’re grad transfers — I know Ginika is, not sure if Ticket is on course to graduate in May or not — pretty sure the new rule doesn’t apply

Providences best players are transfers and cannot transfer w/o sitting a yr....I think....a small motivating factor for Lil Kim.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
My concern - most of these players will not play in the NBA, what is their path to graduation with a college degree, and how will a transfer affect that? especially if you are a senior or junior.

It only makes sense for Ronnie to transfer as a senior because he is of the last class to get a COVID season. Most institutions require X number of credit hours to be gotten from the institution before a degree can be conferred (usually it’s about 60).

hoops10

Sixth Man
What about letting coaches go into a portal. This way coaches can run ads advertising their resume and experience. Coach's musical chairs. They might as well indicate how much mullah it will take to get them. Personally for me the whole portal thing is terrible for college basketball. There is absolutely no sense of school spirit, no sense of bonding with your players, just how can i exploit the system to make more money. Sounds like professional sports. Players may as well get agents. I don't know maybe I am all wrong. What's the point of signing long term contracts if they don't mean anything. I just feel bad for Mason and its loyal fans.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
What about letting coaches go into a portal. This way coaches can run ads advertising their resume and experience. Coach's musical chairs. They might as well indicate how much mullah it will take to get them. Personally for me the whole portal thing is terrible for college basketball. There is absolutely no sense of school spirit, no sense of bonding with your players, just how can i exploit the system to make more money. Sounds like professional sports. Players may as well get agents. I don't know maybe I am all wrong. What's the point of signing long term contracts if they don't mean anything. I just feel bad for Mason and its loyal fans.
When Roy Williams was at Kansas, he told Nick Collison he wouldn't leave till he graduated. The next year UNC came calling. He turned them down, and Carolina was stuck with Matt Doherty for 3 dark years. Collison graduated. UNC called again, and Roy moved...adding 3 more titles to the Carolina haul.

He15man

Starter
Can guys like Ticket and Ginika transfer again? Looks like there is a new rule not sure if It's in place or not.

I would have to believe Ticket is annoyed by this. I mean, he follows KE from Tennessee, spends a couple years with him, commits to coming back for his final year of eligibility, only to find KE has packed his bags for Rhode Island? ... Can't be thrilled with that...

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I would have to believe Ticket is annoyed by this. I mean, he follows KE from Tennessee, spends a couple years with him, commits to coming back for his final year of eligibility, only to find KE has packed his bags for Rhode Island? ... Can't be thrilled with that...
Nope.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Unless Ticket knew Prov was already on the table and that he'd get to play in the BE for his final year. We have no idea who knew what when. Ticket and Josh are probably the only two people on the roster from last year who would be starters at a BE program.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
As of today, I'm guessing his buddy Nate isn't too happy with him either.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Ticket can go to PC as well as long as he graduates in May. I think this is accurate??

He15man

Starter
Why? He benefits too.
So far only Felton has been announced as part of KE's staff at Providence, Simp might get the AU job, leaving Nate a man without a country right now - as far as we know. I doubt it stays that way for Nate, but for now... don't know...

He15man

Starter
Ticket can go to PC as well as long as he graduates in May. I think this is accurate??
I'm not well versed in the portal at all... but when i read this, it looks like it just gets complicated if its your second time transferring. Waivers and stuff are needed: https://bustingbrackets.com/2023/02/07/ncaa-basketball-transfer-rules-guide-portal-process/.

But, according to this... maybe if he's a grad student by now it's simpler or you don't need a waiver?

I don't know what his educational status is, but it appears that it just gets complicated after your first transfer, which is when you can go anywhere you want with zero penalty.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Could someone repost the Jack Clark transfer tweet??

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Ike Cornish from Maryland is in the portal, think we recruited him before. If Tony is coming he needs to grab Ike!