2023 Recruiting

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Does he know Dinkins is our PG for the next few years possibly!?

This analysis point is way off. SG is open as of next year and could see a lot of mins.
And Fernandez likely will get some of his minutes at the 3.

A roster like Mason's is perfect for a 2023 guard who wants to play year one --- we have three sixth-year seniors in our 2022 backcourt.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
And Fernandez likely will get some of his minutes at the 3.

A roster like Mason's is perfect for a 2023 guard who wants to play year one --- we have three sixth-year seniors in our 2022 backcourt.

The minutes available at the 2 and 3 will depend highly on Blake Jones being able to play the 4 by his junior season and if Nnaji is actually a wing or more of a 4 (English says he’s a wing, but we will see).

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
If Carrington doesn’t want a chance to earn meaningful minutes as a freshman, somebody else will. Fortunately he plays the easiest position on the planet to recruit — there are a gazillion talented SGs and I wouldn’t be surprised if Kim plucked one out of the portal to go with an incoming freshman in the 23 class.

GreenLantern

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Carlton Carrington, the No. 99 overall prospect in the 2023 class, is set to make his college decision today at 11:00 AM ET live on @CBSSportsHQ.

Options include: Iona, George Mason, Stanford, Pittsburgh and Loyola Chicago amongst others.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Baltimore kid, Baltimore Coach I mean you gotta keep it real. Great day in Fairfax??

Masonfan3

Starter
I didn't know that missing out on Carrington stripped English of his ability to recruit any and all talent going forward.

Last time I checked he is still pretty pretty good.

It doesn't make him a bad recruiter but this was a huge miss/fail. Carrington was a top priority for this staff and they missed out on the kid. Anytime you miss out on a priority, especially one that is from your backyard, it is not a good day. But, there are still a lot of other guys out there to get.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
It doesn't make him a bad recruiter but this was a huge miss/fail. Carrington was a top priority for this staff and they missed out on the kid. Anytime you miss out on a priority, especially one that is from your backyard, it is not a good day. But, there are still a lot of other guys out there to get.

A huge fail?

We lost a top 100 kid to an ACC program. That we were even in it down to the wire seems like a pretty big deal considering where our program has been the last dozen years.