2023 Recruiting

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Carlton Carrington, the No. 100 overall prospect in the 2023 class, will make his college decision on Wednesday, June 15th at 12:00 PM ET, he tells @247Sports.

Options: Iona, George Mason, Loyola Chicago, Pittsburgh and Stanford. || Story: https://t.co/2NZoI2t7wS https://t.co/Kq3EFlY0hU

https://247sports.com/Article/Carlt...son-Pittsburgh-Iona-Loyola-Chicago-188506651/

George Mason: "I would say the coaching staff for sure. I feel like they had a very willing coaching staff to dig deep and develop their players. Kim is my guy, I like Kim English, me and him developed a great relationship."

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Two official visits can only be good as well but who the heck knows. I have to think if he is coming we'll see a great day in Fairfax tweet a few days prior.

He'd be a great get.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yeah, but Kaiser blew up and has elite P5s calling him now. Carrington's list is a lot more realistic in terms of the type of battle we can win sometimes.

True. But Kaiser was quoted saying that only a couple weeks before he narrowed his list to 9. I completely agree with you that Carrington might be an achievable commit compared to Kaiser. Either way we're at least given the time and consideration by these high caliber players...which never would have happened under Paulsen.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Kim’s relationship with Carlton and his dad goes back a long way — and we have a ton of minutes opening up at the SG spot with Cooper and Bailey moving on after next season. Despite the competition from some high-level recruiters, hopefully Kim can get it done because this kid is really, really good.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
And not for nothing but Kaiser was/is closer to Simpkins. This is a Kim show all the way and I’ll take our chances with him any day.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Kim’s relationship with Carlton and his dad goes back a long way — and we have a ton of minutes opening up at the SG spot with Cooper and Bailey moving on after next season. Despite the competition from some high-level recruiters, hopefully Kim can get it done because this kid is really, really good.
I hate to be Debbie Downer, but over the last week Carrington took an official to Pitt, said Pitt is at the top of his list, and now announces he is ready to commit… I admire your optimism though.

The one negative to being involved with so many good players is missing on a lot of them, but plenty of good fish still in the sea.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I hate to be Debbie Downer, but over the last week Carrington took an official to Pitt, said Pitt is at the top of his list, and now announces he is ready to commit… I admire your optimism though.

The one negative to being involved with so many good players is missing on a lot of them, but plenty of good fish still in the sea.
I haven’t been following it closely, been slammed getting ready to move next week — didn’t even know Carrington had visited Pitt lol. Thanks for the info!

bravesfan

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023

Guess Mason will catch him on the portal after Capel gets fired.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Not sure why anyone would willingly choose to play for sorry-a** Jeff Capel and finish at the bottom of the ACC every year, but we did get passed over for a school that prohibits premarital sex so …

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
True. But Kaiser was quoted saying that only a couple weeks before he narrowed his list to 9. I completely agree with you that Carrington might be an achievable commit compared to Kaiser. Either way we're at least given the time and consideration by these high caliber players...which never would have happened under Paulsen.
and hoping that we get some spillover effects - other players at his level about GMU and begin to put us on their radar. The Reputation of the progfam within the player/recruit community grows. That can only help . if we can get #100, then we can get #90, ......

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer

Carlton Carrington, the No. 100 overall player in the 2023 class, will announce his college decision on Wednesday, June 15th at 12:00 PM ET live on CBS Sports HQ, he tells 247Sports.

The 6-foot-4, 175-pound combo guard out of Baltimore (Md.) St. Frances Academy has taken two official visits to George Mason and to Pittsburgh but has also been heavily recruited by Iona, Loyola Chicago and Stanford.
—-
George Mason: "I would say the coaching staff for sure. I feel like they had a very willing coaching staff to dig deep and develop their players. Kim is my guy, I like Kim English, me and him developed a great relationship."