2023 Recruiting

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
View: https://twitter.com/JamieShaw5/status/1526708288263430144?t=8wbILOAGKfWv8JGP0l3uGQ&s=19

Since his announcement, college programs have been in heavy contact. Multiple offers have come through, and he has started his official visits. On3 caught up with Jamie Kaiser this weekend to see exactly where things stood in his recruitment.

“I went on an official visit to Harvard and Wisconsin last week,” Kaiser said. “We’ve got dates set to take official visits to George Mason and Virginia in June.”

George Mason: “They are like family over there. Coach (Kim) English was like my first scholarship offer. Coach (Duane) Simpkins, I’ve known him since like sixth grade. I feel really comfortable over there; it is only like ten minutes from my house. Everyone will be able to come to see me play.”

This is what you want local kids saying about our program. Hopefully it's where he commits.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
This is what you want local kids saying about our program. Hopefully it's where he commits.
Feeling great about Mason’s chances with Kaiser. He seems to be a very grounded, humble kid who understands that what’s most important is the people, not all the trappings of playing in a “power” conference.

As a bonus, Mason offered him long before any of these other schools would give him the time of day — gotta imagine that counts for a lot with him.

He and Fernandez would be an utterly devastating wing duo in the A-10.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Feeling great about Mason’s chances with Kaiser. He seems to be a very grounded, humble kid who understands that what’s most important is the people, not all the trappings of playing in a “power” conference.

As a bonus, Mason offered him long before any of these other schools would give him the time of day — gotta imagine that counts for a lot with him.

Agreed. Always good when a recruit mentions what school stands out and that its Mason. Have to think we have a decent sized chance with him which would be fantastic. We'll have to see how things develop.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
We have a significantly better shot at Kaiser than Harris-Smith. I think Harris-Smith ends up at Villanova. Pretty sure he's already visited there twice.

June 9th will be Kaiser's 2nd visit to Mason. He plays alongside Greg Jones (6'5 Wing) on his AAU team, and while we haven't offered Jones (yet), Simpkins saw him a couple of times during the high school season playing for Hayfield.

Continue to keep an eye on Rich Barron, Carlton Carrington, and Mike Williams at the guard spot. We've offered a few other 23s recently, but the staff has been on those 3 guys as long as they've been on Kaiser.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Amazing how quickly and dramatically the caliber of recruit has increased under the current staff. I literally can’t think of one guy who has signed with Kim who would have even considered us if DP was still head coach. The competition for playing time is getting fierce and will be even more so if things break right with the 2023 class.

OP
JPgmuswim

JPgmuswim

Starter

Hopefully Fernandez is in town to host Kaiser, Justyn seems to be all in and I’d imagine would be a great recruiter being in a similar situation as Kaiser was last year.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Hopefully Fernandez is in town to host Kaiser, Justyn seems to be all in and I’d imagine would be a great recruiter being in a similar situation as Kaiser was last year.
+1000 … Justyn can answer the one question that must be on the minds of our recruits who have legit P5 options: After visiting Florida and taking in an SEC football game at The Swamp, why did you pick Mason?

2023 Carlton Carrington is a 6’4” guard out of St. Frances Academy in Baltimore. He started out the spring running with Team Durant, but recently changed back to Team Melo, who he ran with last year on the Nike EYBL circuit.

Although he is basically a year young for his class, he still happens to be one of the better pull-up jump shooters in 2023. He is one of George Mason’s top targets, where he’s already taken an official visit. They are competing with vcu and GW, where he’s taken unofficial visits; as well as Marquette, Pitt, and Iona, where he also plans on taking visits.

He has been quoted as saying that style of play and player development will be key in his decision.

Check out his newly published evaluation: Player Evaluation.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Good for Kaiser, but that's definitely a bummer. He's really blown up. On to the next one!

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Onto the next one for sure, but disappointing considering Kaiser was going to take an official in the next week. What’s also interesting is he did keep mentioning Mason in his interviews and the staff.

At least if he goes high major and doesn’t get playing time or gets recruited over, perhaps he stays in touch and looks to move down. I think he’s really good so he’d more likely stay but always hard to project.

The other point like what @gmujim92 said, all high majors on his list. At least it’s not a mix and other a10 schools.