2023 Recruiting

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
.... a shitty room at the SpringHill Suites on Waples Mill sheesh people
This is not true. Marriott Fair Oaks I know for a fact old regime put a preferred walk on there. I doubt Kim downgraded.

By George.

Starter
While people melt down about who chooses Mason or not I just want to humble brag about the work GK is doing this offseason. Recruitment videos, articles, breaking news, impressions across the country from the recruiting handle. The coaches notice, they appreciate the effort and that extends to y’all as well who comment and interact. Let’s keep this train moving and good things are ahead.

I’d rather miss taking big swings understanding how active we are in the portal. I’m so jacked up!

Last edited:

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
While people melt down about who chooses Mason or not I just want to humble brag about the work GK is doing this offseason. Recruitment videos, articles, breaking news, impressions across the country from the recruiting handle. The coaches notice, they appreciate the effort and that extends to y’all as well who comments and interact. Let’s keep this train moving and good things are ahead.

I’d rather miss taking big swings understanding how active we are in the portal. I’m so jacked up!
you guys are doing a great job, nothing like complimenting yourself though lol. Humble Bryan you are not, but you are good at what your team does!

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
you guys are doing a great job, nothing like complimenting yourself though lol. Humble Bryan you are not, but you are good at what your team does!

And the award for biggest prick goes to....⬆️

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
If our fan base only wants OVs from guaranteed gets, we're going to have to downgrade the level of talent CKE is going after significantly. Better players get more offers and more opportunities to take more OVs. Multiple OVs mean a majority of the schools visited don't end up w/the commitment. That's just simple math.

But I like our odds of landing these kids after an OV over a school that doesn't get one. Even Aaron Judge gets on base less than 40% of the time.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
If our fan base only wants OVs from guaranteed gets, we're going to have to downgrade the level of talent CKE is going after significantly. Better players get more offers and more opportunities to take more OVs. Multiple OVs mean a majority of the schools visited don't end up w/the commitment. That's just simple math.

But I like our odds of landing these kids after an OV over a school that doesn't get one. Even Aaron Judge gets on base less than 40% of the time.
Completely agree. If we want better talent, the competition is going to get harder and harder. I continue to like the direction of what is coming to visit campus considering the quality of offers etc. Thats the first step.

Somehow, the staff has to win some of these battles though. I see the rest of the A10 recruiting very well with top 100s coming into the league consistently, and that's where we should/want the program to be.

And like we've said 10000 times, winning will only help. It starts with the staff and all the other stuff we've talked about, but winning is definitely needed.