2023 Recruiting

FreeGunston12

All-American
OP
JPgmuswim

JPgmuswim

Starter
I am going to totally over analyze and believe that it’s a positive that in his TCU jersey Instagram post he put #notcommited but in his Mason post he did not use that hashtag.

Is it a sign? Maybe. I know it’s definitely a sign that I have too much time on my hands this Sunday afternoon.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
I am going to totally over analyze and believe that it’s a positive that in his TCU jersey Instagram post he put #notcommited but in his Mason post he did not use that hashtag.

Is it a sign? Maybe. I know it’s definitely a sign that I have too much time on my hands this Sunday afternoon.
He used that hashtag on his TikTok

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
So far in our 2023 class, Kaiser, Harris-Smith and Hansberry are headed to the Big Ten and Carrington will play in the ACC (unless Capel gets pink-slipped after this season, in which case all bets are off).

An underrated aspect of this staff’s recruiting is its ability to stay engaged and pivot quickly when it becomes clear a target is no longer realistic for Mason … imagine the previous staff being able to secure official visits from the likes of Posey, Lowe, Ball and White when none of them were really on our radar heading into the spring.

Doesn’t mean Mason is gonna land all or any of them for that matter, but it’s indicative of a staff that has its stuff together in terms of talent procurement. These guys know what they are doing — and frankly to even get in the door with multiple top-80 prospects after 11 years of meh results on the floor is stupendous.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I’ll take it as a positive sign how much fun it looks like Posey and Simpkins are having in that fourth picture.

He15man

Starter
So far in our 2023 class, Kaiser, Harris-Smith and Hansberry are headed to the Big Ten and Carrington will play in the ACC (unless Capel gets pink-slipped after this season, in which case all bets are off).

An underrated aspect of this staff’s recruiting is its ability to stay engaged and pivot quickly when it becomes clear a target is no longer realistic for Mason … imagine the previous staff being able to secure official visits from the likes of Posey, Lowe, Ball and White when none of them were really on our radar heading into the spring.

Doesn’t mean Mason is gonna land all or any of them for that matter, but it’s indicative of a staff that has its stuff together in terms of talent procurement. These guys know what they are doing — and frankly to even get in the door with multiple top-80 prospects after 11 years of meh results on the floor is stupendous.
that old adage... you miss 100% of the swings you don't take ... has never been more appropriate. I love that this staff not only has the stones to put these guys on their radar, but truly invests the time and effort to pursue them and make them aware of what Mason has to offer both athletically and academically.