2023 Recruiting

OP
JPgmuswim

JPgmuswim

Starter
Is this the week we land Posey?

Is there a possibility of landing Posey, Ball and Lowe? Or does one negate the other?

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Surprised that Lowe didn't move into the Top 100 and that Mike Williams didn't make the Top 150 (unless I missed him).

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Patriot8 still think Posey and Lowe are long shots or feeling better?
I’m feeling fairly decent about Posey. For me, TCU is the biggest competition. For a guy who apparently wants to commit in 4 weeks, he won’t be impressed by Vandy, and AZ States coach is on the hottest of seats. All of that coupled with the fact that we have a TON of minutes at the 2 next year barring an impact transfer makes me believe that Posey is very much in play. Plus his Dad is in DC.

Lowe is interesting because I don’t really know where his interest lies beyond us and Pitt (Capel could be a bad year away from being gone as well). He’s visited OK State and SMU, but I don’t know who else he has in mind or what his commitment timeline is. He isn’t coming here to back up Polite and Dinkins, and history tells us that both won’t be around next year. The path to immediate playing time isn’t as clear as it is for Posey, but given what I saw from him at Peach Jam, it’d be tough for me to say that Lowe couldn’t start at PG Day 1. He’s THAT good.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
DeShawn Harris-Smith is joining Jamie Kaiser at Maryland. Smart move by Willard bringing Tony home because they’re putting the DMV on lock.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
DeShawn Harris-Smith is joining Jamie Kaiser at Maryland. Smart move by Willard bringing Tony home because they’re putting the DMV on lock.
Jeff Ermann
It helps that Willard hired an excellent staff. Tony Skinn, the lead on Harris-Smith, has longstanding ties with Team Takeover, whose players Maryland has rarely landed. David Cox was the lead on Kaiser and Grant Bilmeier has Maryland in the mix for several players.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
It continues - quote from Jaland Lowe:

George Mason: "George Mason has also been another school that has been heavy on me. I have a great relationship with Head Coach Kim English and assistant Coach Dennis Felton. They really make me feel wanted there and have a great environment. Their fan base really supports the team."

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
It continues - quote from Jaland Lowe:

George Mason: "George Mason has also been another school that has been heavy on me. I have a great relationship with Head Coach Kim English and assistant Coach Dennis Felton. They really make me feel wanted there and have a great environment. Their fan base really supports the team."

Love seeing a quote like that!

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I probably tweeted something corny in terms of welcoming the kid but it was the best I could come up with. Keep engaging everyone! Make the kid feel welcomed and wanted.