2023-24 Women's Basketball

OP
jessej

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
It seems this coach can coach AND recruit which is much needed breath of fresh air here in Fairfax. Looking at the roster, 8 players are from outside of VA and 8 are from DC, MD, or VA. 2 of the 6 are international players which more and more good talent is coming from oversees.... especially Australia and Europe.

One is from VA Beach which is a good place to pluck talent from in general. Outside of the DMV...Hopefully we are going to prioritize that area and have a bigger presence in that area.
this is VBL's team after a near total roster turnover. Only 3 players remain from the team under the last Head Coach

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Moved up a little more in bracketology from ESPN, with SJU as a 12 seed/AQ:
1706644586672.png

Pablo

Hall of Famer

• "The Patriots lead the A-10 with 75.1 points per game, a 17.7-point scoring margin (22nd nationally), 42.7 boards per game (21st nationally), a 5.16 turnover margin (23rd nationally), are forcing a league best 18.9 turnovers per game and are second in 3-point defense, allowing just 25.6% (13th nationally)"

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
The Mason women *should* beat Loyola Chicago on the road on Saturday, and if so... sets up probably what is the biggest matchup in Mason women's basketball history at home? @Pablo would that be correct? Mason would be 18-3 (9-1 conference play) and St. Joseph's would be 21-2 (10-1 conference play).

I also don't recall the last time our women's team was this good. Per twitter, the current 7 game winning streak is the longest since 1994. Wiki would seem to state that this the best women's team since the Taneyhill era when the women's team made the WNIT in 2001 and 2004 -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_George_Mason_basketball

Pablo

Hall of Famer
The Mason women *should* beat Loyola Chicago on the road on Saturday, and if so... sets up probably what is the biggest matchup in Mason women's basketball history at home? @Pablo would that be correct? Mason would be 18-3 (9-1 conference play) and St. Joseph's would be 21-2 (10-1 conference play).

I also don't recall the last time our women's team was this good. Per twitter, the current 7 game winning streak is the longest since 1994. Wiki would seem to state that this the best women's team since the Taneyhill era when the women's team made the WNIT in 2001 and 2004 -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_George_Mason_basketball

Mason played Georgetown at home in the 2001 WNIT - https://guhoyas.com/news/2001/3/15/...n_to_66_56_NIT_Victory_over_George_Mason.aspx

And, Mason played Stephen F. Austin at home in the 2018 WNIT - https://gomason.com/sports/womens-b...18/first-round-stephen-f-austin/boxscore/8718

Last edited:

Has Natalie Butler been forgotten already? She’s only one of our all time legends.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
That 2018 team (24-10, 11-5 A10) was very legit, and they almost beat WNIT runner-up Virginia Tech in the second round down in Blacksburg, but neither their non-conference schedule nor the A10 were strong enough that season to create much in the way of serious at-large buzz.

Ironically, Indiana won that WNIT, and then several years later, Nicole Cardaño-Hillary transferred to Indiana.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Women win 61-52. Eighth straight win. Fairly comfortable after first period with 7-12 pt leads. Not their best game for sure, but good enough. Harris didn't play in the previous game and wasn't present for this one, according to announcers.

Big game Thursday at EBA against St. Joe's who's only lost 1 game (to first place Richmond) and, I think, has won 10+ straight road games.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Women win 61-52. Eighth straight win. Fairly comfortable after first period with 7-12 pt leads. Not their best game for sure, but good enough. Harris didn't play in the previous game and wasn't present for this one, according to announcers.

Big game Thursday at EBA against St. Joe's who's only lost 1 game (to first place Richmond) and, I think, has won 10+ straight road games.
Anyone know anything about Harris' situation or availability to play?

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Last game played was on 1/28. Went 1-6 in 16 min. Was playing more mins in previous games. Who knows? Could be anything. Hopefully its nothing.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
My understanding was that she was dressed for Saturday's game (my feed was too low a quality to confirm that visually). I assume she was dressed just in case, and it wasn't needed, obviously. I take that as a good sign that she could be ready for Thursday with an additional 5 days of rest.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
My understanding was that she was dressed for Saturday's game (my feed was too low a quality to confirm that visually). I assume she was dressed just in case, and it wasn't needed, obviously. I take that as a good sign that she could be ready for Thursday with an additional 5 days of rest.
Thanks! I hadn't heard anything other than what the Loyola announcers said. First, they said she wasn't dressed for that game after not playing in the previous game and later "corrected" themselves indicating that she wasn't even at the Loyola game. No mention of either injury or disciplinary action.