2023-24 Women's Basketball

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
It would really help if Richmond could sneak into the top 50. I was reminded that the women's side does not use the new Quad system for sorting. So top 25, top 50, and top 100 are still the sorting buckets.

Winning at vcu on Saturday is a must, because that will be a T100 road win.

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I wonder how this works for the a10 tournament

Looks like they will just have 14 teams and act as if Davidson didn't exist this season I guess

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Up 34-32 at the half. Had two not great offensive possessions to end the half, but I think you take it after being down 14-1

Sons of Mason

Preferred Walk-On
Kennedy Harris took a big hit in the 1st quarter. I saw her carried off the court before I stepped away from the game. Any updates?

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Well that sucked. Up 51-46 with 9 minutes to go in the game and then went ice cold until it was too late.

vcu won unfortunately, 61-56.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Mason earned the #4 seed and a double-bye into the quarterfinals -

"Mason will open the 2024 Atlantic 10 Championship on Friday, March 8 at 1:30 p.m. at the Henrico Sports and Entertainment Center. The Patriots will play the winner of the No. 5 Duquesne vs. No. 12/No. 13 game that will take place on Thursday at 1:30.

Postseason awards will also be announced next week."

Last edited:

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"The trio of players are the first to earn All-Conference postseason honors in the same year since George Mason joined the Atlantic 10. It is also the first time since 2001 that three separate players have picked up postseason honors in the same season, when all-time greats Jen Surlus, Jen Derevjenik and Tish Wescott were awarded All-CAA postseason awards.

Harris and Kennedy are the first rookie duo to be placed on a conference All-Rookie team since Mason joined the Atlantic 10. It is also the first time in 30 years since multiple Patriots were named to the All-Rookie team when Candace Johnson-Hampton and Tracy Kirk were named to the CAA All-Rookie team in 1994. It also marks the second-straight year the Patriots placed a player on the All-Rookie team, as Nalani Kaysia earned the nod last season."

Pablo

Hall of Famer
First round of A10 Tourney: #13 UMass 54 - #12 La Salle 49

The Patriots will play the winner of the #5 Duquesne vs. UMass game that will take place on Thursday at 1:30.

OP
jessej

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Women's Tournament

Day 1
Game 1: No. 13 Massachusetts 54, No. 12 La Salle 49 A slight upset
Game 2: No. 11 Dayton 66, No. 14 St. Bonaventure 52

Day 2
Game 3: No. 8 Loyola Chicago 53, No. 9 Fordham 52
Game 4: No. 5 Duquesne 81, No. 13 Massachusetts 57

Mason plays Duquesne tomorrow

Game 5: No. 7 Saint Louis 75, No. 10 George Washington, 68
Game 6: No. 6 Rhode Island 70, No. 11 Dayton 57

Last edited:

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Mason beat Duquesne 101-75 in Pittsburgh earlier in the season.

Sonia Smith with 30 and Kennedy Harris with 23.

Let’s hope for another comfortable win so the starters can get a little rest.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Mason beat Duquesne 101-75 in Pittsburgh earlier in the season.

Sonia Smith with 30 and Kennedy Harris with 23.

Let’s hope for another comfortable win so the starters can get a little rest.
Do we know if Kennedy Harris is available? Somebody said she came off the court early in the vcu game and didn't return.