2022 Summer/Kenner League is back after a 2 year hiatus

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Oh, yes. I was just thinking it sounded like one of Hewitt’s 6’7 wings. Okoloji is right!
Lol ah yes, Anali Okoloji. Best known for breaking a full court press in practice (hi @MasonFanatic ) , being thought of as a potential Kevin Durant (hi @gmutom ).

And also stomping on (USF) and the hearts of Mason fans as the epitome of what was wrong with the Hewitt era.

Various other items too that I omitted.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Lol ah yes, Anali Okoloji. Best known for breaking a full court press in practice (hi @MasonFanatic ) , being thought of as a potential Kevin Durant (hi @gmutom ).

And also stomping on (USF) and the hearts of Mason fans as the epitome of what was wrong with the Hewitt era.

Unfortunately, AO wasn't actually good, our press was just that bad.

Hewitt loved to take athletic wings and tell them he could make them a PG at the next level.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023

Yeah, that comparison turned out very poorly, but the intent wasn't to compare their talents but rather what I incorrectly perceived to be the versatility in Okoloji's game. Based on his highlight reel — I know, rookie mistake on my part — I envisioned him being able to snag a rebound, dribble down the court and either score or set up our offense. Yeah, no so much. Just ended up being another 6-7 guy on a roster full of 6-7 guys.

Last edited:

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023

Was he also the guy that was texting/tweeting while on the bench?

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Someone on here said AO was going to be a match up nightmare for other teams.

Can't remember who we were playing, but we were up by seven - I think - with around a minute left and he single-handedly lost the game.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Someone on here said AO was going to be a match up nightmare for other teams.

Can't remember who we were playing, but we were up by seven - I think - with around a minute left and he single-handedly lost the game.
Thanks for that reminder. :sick:

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sure I was one of the ones cheerleading for AO after seeing kenner games.

AO will always be that guy that because of nerves or bad instincts, just couldn't get it done in a real game. But put him in a pickup/summer game and wow...

KAOriginal

All-American
Was it him or Julian Royal that Hewitt had supposedly dated their mom or something long ago and that explained his attachment to Hewitt?

OP
jessej

jessej

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Mid-Season Field Goal Leaders - Field Goals Made

View: https://twitter.com/KennerLeague/status/1550559715519856640/photo/1

1658521277243.png

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Sister-in-law changed birthday plans so I can't go Sunday. Hoping to clear my calendar for Saturday so I can provide accurate stats for Mason players.