2022 Summer/Kenner League is back after a 2 year hiatus

By George.

Starter
Recently I’ve been working overtime on dad duties and needed nothing more than to watch live basketball with no distractions. I went to Kenner last night and saw Elvis, Justyn, Dinkins, and Ticket. Here are my thoughts -

1. Both teams our guys are on have players from Maryland and Georgetown.

2. I already loved Elvis but seeing him live, oh man. He’s definitely a wing player, stretch 4 on the shorter side. He looked slightly taller than Justyn. He’s more athletic than I thought. First touch he was in the corner and shot faked and went baseline. Second touch he brought the ball up in transition and hit a step back 3. The whole arena heard me go nuts. He has some turnovers, ball handling will be an early issue but he’s used to playing down low a lot. Now it’s time to unleash him from the perimeter. He has a large upper body, has to have a top half bench on the team.

3. Justyn can get his points where he wants them. He had a nice fadeaway from the block that rimmed out. Hit a couple jumpers and of course dunked on someone one on one. He looked freakish fast when he wanted to be. Him and Elvis’ team got blown out so I didn’t see a ton of urgency from the whole team but it allowed Justyn to try and get his. He finished with 8 points. The most impressive play was a block he had at the rim. His guy beat him and Justyn met him at the rim.

4. Ticket had 6 3s and finished with 24 points. He may have been subbing in for Malik Henry, I’m not sure but it was a bonus. It wasn’t just the scoring, he had a half court steal and assist that was so pretty. He’s just so long. He played hard down the stretch but when his team needed scoring, he wasn’t demanding the ball, he should have.

5. Dinkins, he’s a contributor day 1. He instantly has the best handles on this years Mason team. Save the date, call me out later if I’m wrong but watching him with the ball is soothing. He didn’t really turn the ball over last night but he shared PG duties with a Georgetown kid though. He also scored 15 or 17 points and hit 3 3s, 2 of them pretty deep. He has a slow shot release which coaches have mentioned but with that range, let it fly.

Kenner continues to be fun, I was in there going wild. The whole arena felt my energy. Get out there and let these kids know they made the right decision. Other schools have representation out there, but none brought it like me. Don’t rely on a couple guys opinions, go see for yourself! #Mason

Last edited:
OP
jessej

jessej

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
View: https://twitter.com/TheFocus_TV/status/1546678091270979584?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1546678091270979584%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fhoyatalk2.proboards.com%2Fthread%2F33052%2Fkenner-league-2022-august-mcdonough%3Fpage%3D8

@TheFocus_TV
@KennerLeague
Team (Week 2).
POW: Brandon Murray (Georgetown) 21 pts,16 Rebs,4 asts -

Devin Dinkins (George Mason) 18 Pts (13 in the 2nd half) -
Primo Spears (Georgetown) 23 pts,3 stls -
Jelani Williams (Howard) 29 Pts -
Andrew Washington (Delaware) 15 pts

1657595956257.png

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
7/17/22 Report:

I went down to watch the Higher Level vs On Point game today. Here are my stats, notes, and thoughts. I had a great time talking to a bunch of old guys from Georgetown. Always fun to get perspectives from other fans. If you haven't gone I recommend it. I plan on going again next Sunday in the hopes of seeing Fernandez live.

Higher Level ( Ticket) beat On Point (Elvis) 68 - 53. Justyn Fernandez was a no show much to my chagrin. He's the one I am most anxious to see. Devin Dinkins was on the bench but was not dressed and did not play. I don't know why.

Ticket, now known as "Hollywood" was the best player on the floor in my opinion. He finished with 27 points on 8 - 16 (5 - 10) from the floor to go along with 6 - 7 from the free throw line. Add to that 13 rebounds, 3 assists, and 2 steals and you have your player of the game. He is a stud and the coming season is bright because he is just damn good. No other way to put it. I don't give praise easily.

Elvis finished with 20 points on 8 - 16 shooting (3 - 8) and 1 - 1 from the line. He added 5 rebounds and 1 steal. I was a bit taken aback because he started slowly (2 for his first 9) but finished the game by hitting his last 4 shots, 2 of which were from 3. He was not shy and tossed it up without much concern. He has an A10 body right now which was great to see. DP's 8th grade recruit bodies are over. He also provided two Sports Center Top 10 plays with a dunk on a teammates miss and a block after running down a breakaway. He is athletic as hell.

In the crowd were Josh Oduro, Saquan Singleton, Devon Cooper. I probably missed a few more. Nice to see our guys supporting one another.

If Oduro and Ticket play like they are capable they are as good a 1 -2 punch as the A10 has to offer. Depth should also prove to benefit us this coming season.

I'll report again next Sunday.

Last edited:

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I know Kenner is glorified pickup, but I don’t recall so much good news around Mason players doing so so well.

hope it helps with success during the regular season too
If Singleton can guard the top A-10 PGs, we’re going to be straight nasty. Gaines and Cooper both averaged double figures last season and still look to be improving … along with Oduro and so much better depth and overall talent, this is a top-4 team with a shot at beating out vcu for the 3 spot.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
If Singleton can guard the top A-10 PGs, we’re going to be straight nasty. Gaines and Cooper both averaged double figures last season and still look to be improving … along with Oduro and so much better depth and overall talent, this is a top-4 team with a shot at beating out vcu for the 3 spot.
At 6'6" he has the potential to give fits to every point guard in the league. If he can do what Watanabe did to Otis the sky's the limit. He's going to have to knock down free throws in a close game though. That is my concern.

We have SIZE, strength, skill, talent, athleticism, depth, and a good mix of experience and youth. Now it boils down to execution and toughness. I believe we'll have that too. Let's lace um up men, time to get down to business.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
At 6'6" he has the potential to give fits to every point guard in the league. If he can do what Watanabe did to Otis the sky's the limit. He's going to have to knock down free throws in a close game though. That is my concern.

We have SIZE, strength, skill, talent, athleticism, depth, and a good mix of experience and youth. Now it boils down to execution and toughness. I believe we'll have that too. Let's lace um up men, time to get down to business.
It would be weird, but maybe not unprecedented, to go offense/defense with our sixth-year starting PG late in close games LOL

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
It would be weird, but maybe not unprecedented, to go offense/defense with our sixth-year starting PG late in close games LOL
Polite has a VERY small sample size, just 26 free throws over his career. 17- 26 to be precise. Now, Dinkins can make his free throws. LOL. It would be fun to talk about.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Texas did it with their Turkish point guard years ago. Guy couldn’t hit the rim late in games but he was such a good defender and facilitator

OP
jessej

jessej

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Cooper finished with 33 points last night. Is that good?

Higher Level Blows Out On-Point

Higher Level led from start to finish and cruised to an easy 68–53 over On Point. George Mason’s Devonte Gaines finished with a game high 26 points and 15 boards. He knocked down five threes.

OP
jessej

jessej

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Cooper finished with 33 points last night. Is that good?

Three Point Barrage in Second Half Carries A. Wash

A. Wash used a strong second half to blow out Brains, Skills, and Guts, 102–80. George Mason’s Devon Cooper knocked down six treys in the first half and scored 20 points to give Brains, Skills, and Guts a 40–39 lead at the break. Three-point shooting made the difference in the second as A. Wash took the lead quicky and pulled away. Cooper finished with 33 points to lead all scorers.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Who was the player that always crushed it at Kenner then under performed during the season? We all got jacked then he had e coached by either DP or The Virus.

OP
jessej

jessej

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Who was the player that always crushed it at Kenner then under performed during the season? We all got jacked then he had e coached by either DP or The Virus.

AJ Wison?
Kenner League MVP 2 years ago

gmuballer14

Sixth Man
AO was his initials, I can not remember what his name was. He was the transfer that came with The Virus.