2022 Summer/Kenner League is back after a 2 year hiatus

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
7/23/22 Report.

Just got back from seeing the WORST exhibition of basketball in my adult life. I could have seen better at Jones Point Park in Old Town. The ultimate in "Give me the ball and go to hell" basketball. What's in it for me? Teammate wide open for 3? Screw that, I'll take it to the rim 1 on 4 and toss up a brick. Defense? Never heard of it.

Take EVERYTHING said today not with a grain of salt but with a handful of salt pills. Don't go on Saturdays because you have to pay to park. Easy trip in and out, that was the only positive.

Caught the last few minutes of Devon Cooper in action. He was 2 for 3 in the VERY LIMITED time I saw him. He has slimmed down as KE requested and got to the rim for 2 easy layups. Had no problem breaking down his man. He appears much quicker!

Saw the entire Hoya Blue vs On Point game. What a sh&t show. Hoya Blue won 84 - 79 even though they trailed by double digits in the first half. I would have been a double digit win but no one cared to even try to play D at the end.

Justyn Fernandez was a NO SHOW again. Pissed that I wanted my time.

Elvis Nnaji scored 9 points for On Point on 4 - 18 (1- 7) shooting. He had 10 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block, 2 turnovers, and 1 steal. He was a total non factor in the 2nd half. Above I said to take it all in with salt pills. I can pretty much guarantee we won't see him jack up 18 shots in a game this fall/winter. He went hard to the rim but was equally happy jacking up the 3 today. On the positive side he does to go the offensive glass well. I take NOTHING away from this effort. I am still encouraged by his potential. Elvis will have his moments, of that I am confident.

Doubtful that I will go back again this summer although the itch may need to be scratched yet again.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
7/23/22 Report.

Just got back from seeing the WORST exhibition of basketball in my adult life. I could have seen better at Jones Point Park in Old Town. The ultimate in "Give me the ball and go to hell" basketball. What's in it for me? Teammate wide open for 3? Screw that, I'll take it to the rim 1 on 4 and toss up a brick. Defense? Never heard of it.

Take EVERYTHING said today not with a grain of salt but with a handful of salt pills. Don't go on Saturdays because you have to pay to park. Easy trip in and out, that was the only positive.

Caught the last few minutes of Devon Cooper in action. He was 2 for 3 in the VERY LIMITED time I saw him. He has slimmed down as KE requested and got to the rim for 2 easy layups. Had no problem breaking down his man. He appears much quicker!

Saw the entire Hoya Blue vs On Point game. What a sh&t show. Hoya Blue won 84 - 79 even though they trailed by double digits in the first half. I would have been a double digit win but no one cared to even try to play D at the end.

Justyn Fernandez was a NO SHOW again. Pissed that I wanted my time.

Elvis Nnaji scored 9 points for On Point on 4 - 18 (1- 7) shooting. He had 10 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block, 2 turnovers, and 1 steal. He was a total non factor in the 2nd half. Above I said to take it all in with salt pills. I can pretty much guarantee we won't see him jack up 18 shots in a game this fall/winter. He went hard to the rim but was equally happy jacking up the 3 today. On the positive side he does to go the offensive glass well. I take NOTHING away from this effort. I am still encouraged by his potential. Elvis will have his moments, of that I am confident.

Doubtful that I will go back again this summer although the itch may need to be scratched yet again.
Do you remember who the coaches are for these two teams?

OP
jessej

jessej

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Cumulative Kenner League Stats thru 7/22

OP
jessej

jessej

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
updated scoring leaders
i hope this an indication that we will have 3 starters averaging more than 15 points per game
Cooper shoots all the techs?

1659123377940.png

View: https://twitter.com/KennerLeague/status/1553024783922733058/photo/1

OP
jessej

jessej

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Kenner League Playoffs start today
Seeds 5 thru 12 playing in Round 1

of GMU Interest
#5 P.A.P.A v #12 On Point
2P

On Point heads into the playoffs looking for their first win this entire Kenner League season but against P.A.P.A. It’s hard to think that will happen. P.A.P.A. has been one of the league’s better teams, which is unheard of to say in a pro-am. On Point has been looking this week to find players to help solidify a strong playoff run, so expect some surprise appearances. Veteran guard Andrew “Sponge” Washington (Delaware) will rally the troops today.
Other Players to Watch: Kino Lilly, Jr (Brown), Brian Ayafor (Virginia Union), Hakim Hart (Maryland), Elvis Nnaji (George Mason), Jordan Riley (Georgetown), Ryan Mutombo (Georgetown)

#7 Darren McClinton All-Stars v #10 Hoop Magic All-Stars
4:30P

Hoop Magic won a huge game yesterday against the Tombs without Ron Polite and Malik Henry (George Mason); they were away at George Mason camp for the day. Kenner League travel man Ed Drew came up big for Hoop Magic in the win. Dakota Leffew (Mount Saint Mary’s) continues to impress with Donald Carey (Maryland) stepping up for Curtis Symonds in a big way. Unlike other Kenner League teams, Darren McClinton gets his players from the N.B.A. and F.I.B.A. offices, so this is a game you should pay close attention to. Erick Green, the Kenner League leading scorer, should be suiting up for McClinton today. He should get support from a strong group that could feature Jahmir Young and Donta Scott (Maryland). It’s also a family affair with this team, with the Grant and Tarke brothers splitting time with the roster.

#6 Higher Level v #11 Brain, Skills, and Guts
5:45P

Higher Level backed into the playoffs on a slide, but we still believe this is one of the best teams in the Kenner League. Denver Anglin (Georgetown) and Devin Dinkins (George Mason) are the top point guards in the area and form one of the best backcourts in the Kenner League. Rising junior Noel Brown (George Washington) has been a bright spot this summer, and new G.W. head coach Chris Caputo should be excited he has Brown to work with this fall. High-flying freshman forward D’Ante Bass and Ron Curry are vital players for Higher Level. Brain, Skills, and Guts feature top 3 Kenner League scorers Devon Cooper (George Mason) Bryson Mouzone (Georgetown), and Jelani Williams (Howard). Coach Stacy Robinson also says 6–9 NBA guard Jamorko Pickett (Georgetown) makes this team even tougher to guard.

1659274237585.png

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Kenner League Playoffs start today
Seeds 5 thru 12 playing in Round 1

of GMU Interest
#5 P.A.P.A v #12 On Point
2P

On Point heads into the playoffs looking for their first win this entire Kenner League season but against P.A.P.A. It’s hard to think that will happen. P.A.P.A. has been one of the league’s better teams, which is unheard of to say in a pro-am. On Point has been looking this week to find players to help solidify a strong playoff run, so expect some surprise appearances. Veteran guard Andrew “Sponge” Washington (Delaware) will rally the troops today.
Other Players to Watch: Kino Lilly, Jr (Brown), Brian Ayafor (Virginia Union), Hakim Hart (Maryland), Elvis Nnaji (George Mason), Jordan Riley (Georgetown), Ryan Mutombo (Georgetown)

#7 Darren McClinton All-Stars v #10 Hoop Magic All-Stars
4:30P

Hoop Magic won a huge game yesterday against the Tombs without Ron Polite and Malik Henry (George Mason); they were away at George Mason camp for the day. Kenner League travel man Ed Drew came up big for Hoop Magic in the win. Dakota Leffew (Mount Saint Mary’s) continues to impress with Donald Carey (Maryland) stepping up for Curtis Symonds in a big way. Unlike other Kenner League teams, Darren McClinton gets his players from the N.B.A. and F.I.B.A. offices, so this is a game you should pay close attention to. Erick Green, the Kenner League leading scorer, should be suiting up for McClinton today. He should get support from a strong group that could feature Jahmir Young and Donta Scott (Maryland). It’s also a family affair with this team, with the Grant and Tarke brothers splitting time with the roster.

#6 Higher Level v #11 Brain, Skills, and Guts
5:45P

Higher Level backed into the playoffs on a slide, but we still believe this is one of the best teams in the Kenner League. Denver Anglin (Georgetown) and Devin Dinkins (George Mason) are the top point guards in the area and form one of the best backcourts in the Kenner League. Rising junior Noel Brown (George Washington) has been a bright spot this summer, and new G.W. head coach Chris Caputo should be excited he has Brown to work with this fall. High-flying freshman forward D’Ante Bass and Ron Curry are vital players for Higher Level. Brain, Skills, and Guts feature top 3 Kenner League scorers Devon Cooper (George Mason) Bryson Mouzone (Georgetown), and Jelani Williams (Howard). Coach Stacy Robinson also says 6–9 NBA guard Jamorko Pickett (Georgetown) makes this team even tougher to guard.

View attachment 1432
Link to the full playoff schedule? Thanks!

OP
jessej

jessej

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Kenner League Playoff Bracket

Attachments

• Kenner League Playoff Bracket.pdf
    100.1 KB · Views: 209

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Closing out the Kenner:

- Ticket selected as second team All-Kenner, despite finishing second in scoring overall and second in threes.
- Coop chosen as third team All-Kenner, finishing third overall in scoring.
- Double D mentioned as first place in made threes.

So... basically Ticket and Coop were selected behind many Georgetown and P5 players, even though they were #2 and #3 in points per game over all games. Granted, Ticket only played in 3 games, and Coop 3. Most players played in 4-7 games.

Feel free to correct me if Qudus Wahab's 16.7 ppg (7 games) or Marcquise Reed's 16.3 ppg (3 games) really did deserve 1st team honors.

Press Release

Last edited:

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Closing out the Kenner:

- Ticket selected as second team All-Kenner, despite finishing second in scoring overall and second in threes.
- Coop chosen as third team All-Kenner, finishing third overall in scoring.
- Double D mentioned as first place in made threes.

So... basically Ticket and Coop were selected behind many Georgetown and P5 players, even though they were #2 and #3 in points per game over all games. Granted, Ticket only played in 3 games, and Coop 3. Most players played in 4-7 games.

Feel free to correct me if Qudus Wahab's 16.7 ppg (7 games) or Marcquise Reed's 16.3 ppg (3 games) really did deserve 1st team honors.

Press Release
Erick Green is over 30 and got 1st team lol. I wouldn't look too far into this one or it will just make you frustrated. Kenner has always had a Gtown slant to it. Wahab back at Gtown? The 1st team also had a Summer League vet from Xavier on it. Kinda weird for post grads to play in it, but if you look at our "leagues" like this they do as well.