2022 Recruiting

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Was going to say, they actually might draw worse than we do.....no exaggeration.
They do, and it's exasperated by the size of Capital One Arena. Place is a ghost town and there are alot of games where there are more opposing fans than GT fans at games there.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
They do, and it's exasperated by the size of Capital One Arena. Place is a ghost town and there are alot of games where there are more opposing fans than GT fans at games there.
Averaging an announced crowd of around 5,500 per game, which is about 25% of the arena.

Mason is averaging an announced crowd of around 3,200 per game, which is about 40% of the arena.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Was going to say, they actually might draw worse than we do.....no exaggeration.

Attendance is way down for Georgetown Basketball this season

An announced crowd of just 3,462 at Capital One Arena marks another low in home attendance this season.

The figure represents the lowest attended game off-campus versus any Big East opponent and the sixth lowest all- time. Thursday's game versus St. John's has been moved to McDonough Gymnasium, with the Hoyas returning Sunday afternoon versus Providence.

Through 12 games, the Hoyas are averaging 5,858 per game.

Here are the 10 smallest off-campus home crowds since 1981 (current season games highlighted):

No.DateOpponentScoreVenueAtt.
1.11/30/2021Longwood91-83Capital One Arena2,732
23/17/2005Boston U. (NIT)64-34MCI Center2,797
312/21/1983Western Kentucky53-41Capital Centre2,958
412/8/2021UMBC100-71Capital One Arena3,021
512/5/1984St. Leo76-56Capital Centre3,082
62/1/2022Seton Hall63-70Capital One Arena3,462
712/19/1984Morgan St.89-62Capital Centre3,954
811/30/2016Coppin St.96-44Verizon Center3,996
912/3/2018Liberty88-78Capital One Arena4,011
1011/28/2017Maine76-55Capital One Arena4,029

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Don’t like Henry trying to guard Golden. And that’s going to open up the defense to drives and cuts galore.

Could be ugly, especially if we aren’t shooting well.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm gonna guess it's either va tech or Mason. Vt bc his aau teamate is committed there. Mason bc well KE is the man!

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I would be very surprised if it was Rutgers or GW. I think it’s a three horse race.

I agree. I didn’t even know they were heavily involved. I know VT and Mason were and Georgetown offered a few days ago.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I agree. I didn’t even know they were heavily involved. I know VT and Mason were and Georgetown offered a few days ago.
GW was his first offer. Would think if he was that interested in them, he would’ve committed several months ago.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
GW was his first offer. Would think if he was that interested in them, he would’ve committed several months ago.
He is just keeping them in final 5 to be nice as they were first to offer. Kinda like how recruits would do for DP.

Last edited:

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
General Question - What is the yield rate on recruiting? How many offers are made vs how many offers are accepted?
2022 may not be an indicative year - because of the coaching change - but does anyone have any insights?

How about schools like Duke and Kentucky?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
General Question - What is the yield rate on recruiting? How many offers are made vs how many offers are accepted?
2022 may not be an indicative year - because of the coaching change - but does anyone have any insights?

How about schools like Duke and Kentucky?

I think it depends on the school and the coach. A school like Bryant offers everyone. Coach L when he was here was more targeted.

I’m pretty sure Duke and Kentucky sign almost anyone they want.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I think it depends on the school and the coach. A school like Bryant offers everyone. Coach L when he was here was more targeted.

I’m pretty sure Duke and Kentucky sign almost anyone they want.
Bryant is one end of the spectrum and Davidson is the other. Coach McKillop offers 2/3 kids per year and they all accept. Bryant and some other smaller schools (even Duquesne) offer 15-20 kids per recruiting cycle. A mix of 4 stars they know they won't get and some achievable recruits. It seems to be working ok for Bryant though and specifically Grasso as he is next in line for a better job.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Bryant is one end of the spectrum and Davidson is the other. Coach McKillop offers 2/3 kids per year and they all accept. Bryant and some other smaller schools (even Duquesne) offer 15-20 kids per recruiting cycle. A mix of 4 stars they know they won't get and some achievable recruits. It seems to be working ok for Bryant though and specifically Grasso as he is next in line for a better job.
how would you characterize GMU - under Paulsen
this recruiting cycle will begin to set the tone and pattern for CKE

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
how would you characterize GMU - under Paulsen
this recruiting cycle will begin to set the tone and pattern for CKE
DP offered 3-5 kids he had to have known he wasn't getting in a recruiting cycle (3-4 stars) and then offered 5-6 kids each recruiting cycle that he could get. Then he generally picked the top one that wanted to come to Mason... he obviously missed sometimes picking XJ over Jahmir Young and there are a couple others.

He was very normal in how he recruited. CKE seems to be pretty normal too other than the fact he is able to obtain that upper echelon of recruit DP rarely got (AJ and Kolek are the only ones I can think of and even that is no Fernandes or Dinkins)