2022 Recruiting

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I love XJ. He can easily be the best backup PG in the league. He’s bottom 4 starting PG at the moment. All of these statements are true.

A lot of A10 teams don’t even have a backup point guard.

My thing is: If Cooper leaves, you’ve got two open spots in the starting 5. Assuming Fernandez takes Cooper’s spot at the 2, who takes Schwartz’s spot at the 3? In other words “recruiting over” XJ at the 1 with our current 1 open scholarship doesn’t necessarily mean he’s not going to start. You just might have two starting PGs.

We will see who goes into the portal after the season is over and if there is some flexibility to bring in another forward who can either play the 4 or the 3.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

My thing is: If Cooper leaves, you’ve got two open spots in the starting 5. Assuming Fernandez takes Cooper’s spot at the 2, who takes Schwartz’s spot at the 3? In other words “recruiting over” XJ at the 1 with our current 1 open scholarship doesn’t necessarily mean he’s not going to start. You just might have two starting PGs.

We will see who goes into the portal after the season is over and if there is some flexibility to bring in another forward who can either play the 4 or the 3.
at minimum need to have someone who can let Dinkins have some time to adjust. He may not need much but it would be nice if they could get someone to help out XJ and him. It’s obvious Polite probably won’t be around and neither will Gray.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

We are going to have at minimum 3. open scholarships even if Cooper leaves. Plenty of room to grab a great portal pg and a good big. If we snag Buchanan we already solved your problem with Schwartz

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
We are going to have at minimum 3. open scholarships even if Cooper leaves. Plenty of room to grab a great portal pg and a good big. If we snag Buchanan we already solved your problem with Schwartz

Yeah. A lot of potential transfers out (the whole bench could really — and there honestly isn’t a single bench player I’d lament deciding another school is a better fit).

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Yeah. A lot of potential transfers out (the whole bench could really — and there honestly isn’t a single bench player I’d lament deciding another school is a better fit).
Blake is the only one, just because I think he has a high basketball IQ and will be a useful asset once he adjusts to the speed and physicality of American basketball. It’s OK to have a couple developmental players on the roster … they just can’t represent your entire bench.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Let's not assume that any freshman that's brought in will automatically take over a certain spot, or replicate the production of a Schwartz or a Cooper. While Dinkins and Fernandez are undoubtedly talented, they will still be playing at this level for the first time, and an adjustment period should be expected.

I don't think there's any doubt that transfers will be a major priority this offseason, and every offseason following.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Georgetown finally offered Buchanan. Could be surprised but his commitment is coming and I think that’s where he ends up … folks have been leaning on him to stay in the city, the Big East is a huge draw and the Hoyas certainly need the help.

Wouldn’t mind being wrong on this one. He’s a very talented kid with huge upside.

Dawgs99

Starter
Even with the program being down like they are and the possibility that Ewing is politely asked to leave? I'd be more worried about VA tech.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Even with the program being down like they are and the possibility that Ewing is politely asked to leave? I'd be more worried about VA tech.
Timing just seems coincidental, feels like he was waiting for Georgetown and the offer came through. Agree on Ewing’s status but kids have the amazing ability to overlook stuff like that lol

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Timing just seems coincidental, feels like he was waiting for Georgetown and the offer came through. Agree on Ewing’s status but kids have the amazing ability to overlook stuff like that lol
Gotta agree. Unless he's a true savant, KE is likely going to lose this kid to Georgetown. Being agnostic, if I were Buchanan I would throw in with the Hoyas. Storied franchise, better conference, and full (or close to full) arenas. Plus, lots of alumni who had long careers in the NBA.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Gotta agree. Unless he's a true savant, KE is likely going to lose this kid to Georgetown. Being agnostic, if I were Buchanan I would throw in with the Hoyas. Storied franchise, better conference, and full (or close to full) arenas. Plus, lots of alumni who had long careers in the NBA.
I’m not sure when the last time you went to watch a Georgetown game but that arena is empty and has been for 4-5 years

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Noah Bachelor has decommitted from Memphis. MD kid and 4 star recruit from IMG. Probably got recruited over I'm guessing.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Noah Bachelor has decommitted from Memphis. MD kid and 4 star recruit from IMG. Probably got recruited over I'm guessing.
He said that his final 2 schools were Memphis and Pitt. Pitt isn't exactly a great situation to be in right now. My guess is that he ends up at a P5.

With regard to Buchanan, not sure how hard he's being recruited by us. I think it's a situation where if we get him, great, if not, that's room for one more transfer. Sure, Georgetown has the history and the conference, but think about the rebuilding job that will have to take place. There is absolutely zero home court advantage. Other Big East programs have come into DC and established recruiting pipelines that are going to be tough to break up.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
All 4 of Hardaway’s recruits for 2022 have decommitted. Memphis is in trouble.
Penny recently said that they were going to focus more on transfers than recruiting freshmen. This is a growing trend, but it opens up an interesting opportunity for schools like us that are going after these kids in the 150-250 range.