2021 Coaching Carousel

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Yup. At this rate, only thing that doesn't bring him to Fairfax is another offer. Get that press conference scheduled and be done with it.

Though at the same time, I'm not sure there's a 'big job' out there that can take the risk.

Not at this point no. I’m sure Missouri or any other big jobs would like to see how he does at a lower level.

Mason32

Starter
I love that DJ3 and ByG already have loaded the "I don't know about this guy" statements ready to hit post on just so they can be like "hey told ya he sucks guys!" like they baselessly did during DP's first 2 years.

Last edited:
I have DJ3 and ByG already have loaded the "I don't know about this guy" statements ready to hit post on just so they can be like "hey told ya he sucks guys!" like they baselessly did during DP's first 2 years.
It did not take a rocket scientist to know DP was a horrible hire from day one.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I have DJ3 and ByG already have loaded the "I don't know about this guy" statements ready to hit post on just so they can be like "hey told ya he sucks guys!" like they baselessly did during DP's first 2 years.
I will be the first to admit, I was excited for DP. I thought he was exactly what mason needed. I thought Hewitt left him with amazing talent, and Paulsen was the X&O guy. With that said, my opinion means shit! I know that.

I hate our blind homer fan base. It’s normal to be skeptical. It should be encourage. I don’t want 6 more years of garbage.

bravesfan

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I hate our blind homer fan base. It’s normal to be skeptical. It should be encourage. I don’t want 6 more years of garbage.

I think we all have skepticism to any hire; that's already been established. This one isn't any different. We're just not already claiming it a failure until, you know, we see what the results look like.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I don’t know, I feel like PoorManProfit is on the douche Mount Rushmore before any of them

Who are the four Masonhoops.com posters who belong on Douche Mount Rushmore? Sounds like a topic for Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Guys can we take it easy with the name calling. Let’s refrain from doing that stuff.

let’s keep it on topic and focus on the coaching search and changes across the landscape. Thx.

Who are the four Masonhoops.com posters who belong on Douche Mount Rushmore? Sounds like a topic for Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith.

Really difficult call, here.

The first few are pretty easy but that fourth one would be a challenge. You could go in so many different directions to include myself.

I personally would go PC idiot for one of the fourth...might even go GMUGEMINI for having to constantly remind everyone he's a professor and has three degrees, though he's a pretty constructive poster.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I think we all have skepticism to any hire; that's already been established. This one isn't any different. We're just not already claiming it a failure until, you know, we see what the results look like.
Fair enough, and I’m certainly not claiming it to be a failure either. I’m excited for a young coach who has a reputation for excellent recruiting. If English is the hire, I hope he surrounds himself with seasoned assistants.

FreeGunston12

All-American
At this point we could have a robot coach and we’d complain.
I don't see the point in criticizing the hire that we all expect is coming. But I do think there is room to talk about what we want to see from Kim English.

A step up in recruiting and and effort to bring the former players back into the fold should be a focus, and I think that is what we are getting.

What I don't know is the identity and style that Kim would bring to the team. Is he a "positionless" basketball disciple? Will he try to establish a Mason version of havoc? Will he take a more inside-out approach?

When's the ByGeorge interview?

Can we get a weekly coaches spot somewhere to capitalize on having a more charismatic coach?

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I don't see the point in criticizing the hire that we all expect is coming. But I do think there is room to talk about what we want to see from Kim English.

A step up in recruiting and and effort to bring the former players back into the fold should be a focus, and I think that is what we are getting.

What I don't know is the identity and style that Kim would bring to the team. Is he a "positionless" basketball disciple? Will he try to establish a Mason version of havoc? Will he take a more inside-out approach?

When's the ByGeorge interview?

Can we get a weekly coaches spot somewhere to capitalize on having a more charismatic coach?

for one- I expect the recruiting to get a shot in the arm. I’m not expecting top 25 5 star guys, but I expect top 100 guys to be in our reach again. At some point I then expect to be in on guys who are considering A10 schools and bcs programs as well. Maybe not every recruit but many of them should be with peer programs.

for two- I expect flexibility and adjustments to each style of the a10, and to recruit to adjustments needed. Athleticism is great, but guys who can flat out shoot and score are sorely needed. Transfer market can really help out in this regard for experience and depth. Find me a tough big guy transfer and then mold a younger guy under his wing.

and third- if English is the guy I absolutely plan on seeing if this coaches show bit can happen. Next time I talk to Zack I plan on asking about it again.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
for one- I expect the recruiting to get a shot in the arm. I’m not expecting top 25 5 star guys, but I expect top 100 guys to be in our reach again. At some point I then expect to be in on guys who are considering A10 schools and bcs programs as well. Maybe not every recruit but many of them should be with peer programs.

for two- I expect flexibility and adjustments to each style of the a10, and to recruit to adjustments needed. Athleticism is great, but guys who can flat out shoot and score are sorely needed. Transfer market can really help out in this regard for experience and depth. Find me a tough big guy transfer and then mold a younger guy under his wing.

and third- if English is the guy I absolutely plan on seeing if this coaches show bit can happen. Next time I talk to Zack I plan on asking about it again.
NCAA berth by year 4 or bust. Season 3 I expect 20 wins