2021 Coaching Carousel

KAOriginal

All-American
It doesn't always work out but I want to see 3 stars next to a recruits name and us fighting with Dayton, vcu, The Bonnies, and Power 5 schools to land kids. AND, get some of them! I don't want to see Mason, Elon, and Mary Washington battling for a kid.

Hell yeah! We want kids associated with those schools to fight to be our walk ons!

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
“BINGO BINGO BINGO BINGO, did anyone hear me? I said BINGO!”
I tend to agree with you. But if an administration is willing to accept a little controversy they can certainly have a slam dunk hire. For example Iona hired Pitino, Liberty Football hired Hugh Freeze.

Maybe it’s controversial but I would give Greg Marshall a shot. He might punch the players, but he would win. Plus he will come at a discount.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Half serious. The report seem vague. I’m not exactly sure what he is accused of. Verbal and physical abuse could mean a lot of different things.

He punched one of his players in the back of the head. There is nothing at all “vague” about that.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Jim, come on. You spent years warning us that we may regret demanding a coaching change because it may trigger another few years of a rebuild. You clearly understand being weary of a coaching hire.

Being wary of the broader implications of a coaching change is not the same as being overtly negative about the next coach before he is hired. Please tell me you understand that.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Haha wow, assistant coach is banging Tre Mitchell’s mom and was helping Mitchell contact teams while under contract at UMass.

Bergeron and Mitchell’s mom are engaged. They’ve been a package deal from the beginning ... this is what happens when you try to cut corners in recruiting.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Yeah if English is the guy he needs to be on campus pronto before someone else even takes a glance.

bravesfan

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Yeah if English is the guy he needs to be on campus pronto before someone else even takes a glance.

Yup. At this rate, only thing that doesn't bring him to Fairfax is another offer. Get that press conference scheduled and be done with it.

Though at the same time, I'm not sure there's a 'big job' out there that can take the risk.