2021-2022 Mason roster

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I was more referring to Kolek, Oduro, and Miller. I think Calixte was gone no matter what.

I think Oduro/Miller if they are going to leave will leave quick. Kolek I don't think will make a quick decision because of the three he probably has the "most" options.

Most being in quotes because he was probably contact by the most schools who had a spot as of that moment.

Merely opinion though.

I do think we will see a transfer in, probably within the next 2 weeks if I had to guess.

JPgmuswim

Starter
I think we could see Kim snagging a SG because behind the scenes he’s already been told Kolek isn’t returning. All speculation but I’m sure he has a better idea after traveling up and visiting.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I think we could see Kim snagging a SG because behind the scenes he’s already been told Kolek isn’t returning. All speculation but I’m sure he has a better idea after traveling up and visiting.

Agreed. Schwartz would definitely help with shooting although he is more of a 3/4.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Maybe I'm putting too much confidence in KE's recruiting abilities, but I have a hunch that if Kolek does leave, coach will have somebody just as good(better?) to take his spot.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Maybe I'm putting too much confidence in KE's recruiting abilities, but I have a hunch that if Kolek does leave, coach will have somebody just as good(better?) to take his spot.

Agree completely. It’s a lot easier not to stress about half your roster being in the portal when your coach is an ace recruiter ... lack of talent is never gonna be an issue.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Agree completely. It’s a lot easier not to stress about half your roster being in the portal when your coach is an ace recruiter ... lack of talent is never gonna be an issue.

That is the expectation. I see anyone who leaves as a chance that Mason can immediately upgrade. I love some of the players Mason has, but if it means the ceiling is elevated with some upgrades, sign me up.

JPgmuswim

Starter
That is the expectation. I see anyone who leaves as a chance that Mason can immediately upgrade. I love some of the players Mason has, but if it means the ceiling is elevated with some upgrades, sign me up.
All day. The more that transfer the more this looks like a Kim English roster and less a DP roster. It’s still gonna take some time, rosters aren’t built in one spring signing period but it should help the rebuild.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

I think every fan base loves their guys to some extent, but the reality is if our roster was that talented we wouldn’t have changed coaches. It needs to get a lot deeper with top-end players for Mason to compete with the best teams in the A-10 and I’m sure KE is trying to make that happen.

FreeGunston12

All-American
I think every fan base loves their guys to some extent, but the reality is if our roster was that talented we wouldn’t have changed coaches. It needs to get a lot deeper with top-end players for Mason to compete with the best teams in the A-10 and I’m sure KE is trying to make that happen.
Agreed. But . . . KE did make it clear that he wants the "core 3" to stay. He said something to the effect of "you can judge me on that" (getting Oduro, Miller, and Kolek to stay). And he was making promises about how Oduro would improve, shot the 3 better, etc.

I think if he can't get two of the three to stay, it will sting.

It would be alot easier to find 2-3 starters that can gel with what we've got than potentially a whole new 5.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
So I'll put the Colorado guys up there as targets, since the Denver Post just mentioned Mason as possible targets.

Even referenced gmuhoops....dont know if it's verified interest or speculation, but we'll roll with it since I'm bored.

Just let me know when I can break out the WD40 and kleenex

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Just let me know when I can break out the WD40 and kleenex

wtf-memes-15-1.jpg