2021-2022 Mason roster

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Need a playmaking pg, and that pg's name is Ques Glover. If you go back and watch his hs tape, he looks so dynamic with the ball.
I attended a few of his HS games. He was dynamic. Never really found it at Florida.

I'd prefer Casey Morsell, but I'd happily take Glover, and I'd happily take Jordan Hairston.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I attended a few of his HS games. He was dynamic. Never really found it at Florida.

I'd prefer Casey Morsell, but I'd happily take Glover, and I'd happily take Jordan Hairston.

Not for nothing but I don’t see KE taking a PG transfer this year. He has clearly made Dinkins a priority in the 22 class and you don’t want to create any disincentive for him signing with Mason.

emjayar08

Sixth Man
Is it misguided to think that if our ROY gets snagged by the P5, we should look at the CAA, Patriot, Am East ROYs to snag?

Connor Kochara (WM) looks like a shooter.

Also like the Hofstra freshman, Cramer.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210331-104456.png
    Screenshot_20210331-104456.png
    613.9 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Not for nothing but I don’t see KE taking a PG transfer this year. He has clearly made Dinkins a priority in the 22 class and you don’t want to create any disincentive for him signing with Mason.
I was thinking along those same lines. Vast majority of the '22 offers that he's sent out are PGs. Makes me believe that he is confident enough in our current PGs for next season, or he would prefer a grad transfer PG. Morsell and Hairston seem to play off the ball more anyway.

FreeGunston12

All-American
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. By the time Dinkins would get here, Glover would have 1 or 2 years left. I don't see that as a disincentive. This team really needs a facilitator next year. We can worry about two seasons from now later.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. By the time Dinkins would get here, Glover would have 1 or 2 years left. I don't see that as a disincentive. This team really needs a facilitator next year. We can worry about two seasons from now later.
A 4-star recruit with Big East and ACC offers isn’t coming to Mason to sit for 1 or 2 years. If you want KE to recruit on that level you have to have playing time until we have something else to offer high-level kids

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I may get creamed (old expression) for saying this, but I have very little confidence in Hartwell as a ballhandler and shooter. He's ok, but we really need an upgrade. imho.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I don’t think any of our 4 PGs should take it as a vote of confidence that the coach is trying to recruit over them in the 22 class. I would take it as a suggestion to get better quickly or KE will find someone else at their spot.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Hell yes! 10.8 ppg. 5.8 rebounds. 6'7". 45.6% from the floor. 39.7% from 3. 90.6% from the free throw line.
He is a transfer up candidate though. His list of suitors will far exceed the other Colorado or Tennessee guys we are connected with. Would be a minor miracle to pull him

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I may get creamed (old expression) for saying this, but I have very little confidence in Hartwell as a ballhandler and shooter. He's ok, but we really need an upgrade. imho.
I think 90% of realistic fans would absolutely agree with you. He’s not very good

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
And he gets abused on the defensive side of the ball.

FreeGunston12

All-American
A 4-star recruit with Big East and ACC offers isn’t coming to Mason to sit for 1 or 2 years. If you want KE to recruit on that level you have to have playing time until we have something else to offer high-level kids
Then promise him that he will start. And if he's not good enough to start over the other guy, wouldn't you rather have the other guy anyways? I don't see the logic.

Dare I say, not having playing time to offer sure would be a great problem to have.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Then promise him that he will start. And if he's not good enough to start over the other guy, wouldn't you rather have the other guy anyways? I don't see the logic.

Dare I say, not having playing time to offer sure would be a great problem to have.

When you are trying to recruit talent on that level and you haven’t won anything of substance in a decade, you have to have something attractive to offer. Because frankly Dinkins has teams from better leagues than the A-10 who would take his commitment now ... that’s all I’m saying

FreeGunston12

All-American
When you are trying to recruit talent on that level and you haven’t won anything of substance in a decade, you have to have something attractive to offer. Because frankly Dinkins has teams from better leagues than the A-10 who would take his commitment now ... that’s all I’m saying
I wouldn't be holding a roster spot for anyone uncommitted to Mason. We've got a team to field for next year. And the way transfers are going, it won't be the same team a year from now anyways. Any PG coming in has to compete with the best of Polite, XJ, Gray (if he is still coming), and potentially Hartwell anyways. If you think you can get an upgrade over those guys now, you do it.

Either way, it will be really interesting to see how things shake out in the next couple weeks with rerecruiting our own guys and transfers.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I wouldn't be holding a roster spot for anyone uncommitted to Mason. We've got a team to field for next year. And the way transfers are going, it won't be the same team a year from now anyways. Any PG coming in has to compete with the best of Polite, XJ, Gray (if he is still coming), and potentially Hartwell anyways. If you think you can get an upgrade over those guys now, you do it.

Either way, it will be really interesting to see how things shake out in the next couple weeks with rerecruiting our own guys and transfers.
In the big picture next season matters zip. KE’s first real recruiting class is 22 and that will be the foundation of the program he builds on moving forward — for 21 he’s gotta be focused on grad transfers to serve as a 1-year stopgap, but not blocking opportunities to start turning over the roster with higher-end talent.