2020-2021 Schedule Thread

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
2-1 and Brad lameducks the poor fool
I still wouldn't bet that La Salle game even with Jim's money though. We are better than them (as shown by our 30+ point a** whooping of them), but something tells me they are going to take game 2 from us. If we lose to GW sound every alarm in Fairfax.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Agreed ... nothing that happens over the next 3-4 games will erase the memory of the past 6 years. The die has been cast at this point.

True...but a loss to either La Salle or GW in these last three games might just tip Edwards hand. I don't know how you justify keeping a coach who can't get to .500 in conference playing the schedule Mason played this year

psyclone

Hall of Famer
How do you figure?

SLU, around a 3 (Kenpom) to 5 pt (VegasInsider) favorite at Dayton, loses by 23! Richmond and SLU---2 of the best teams in the A10---each sit just 1 game over .500 at 4-3 and play each other in a week.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Pretty sure I heard tv announcer call St. Joe's the Jayhawks. Lol. Chris Collinsworth's son on play by play - sounds just like him. He wasn't the Jayhawks guy.

Last edited:

hoops10

Sixth Man
Watching Mason play basketball just hurts. They excel at turnovers. They do make a few decent plays but ultimately implode/self destruct. Paulson has to take the fall for his poor coaching and recruiting. New coach better bring in transfers, and or find some A10 quality players.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Bones is out for the st. louis game. Vegasinsider opens with slu favored by one...now moved to 2 pt favorite; Kenpom, which doesn't factor in this development, has vcu as a 3 pt favorite.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
one of about 12 bogus calls in the second house. The one that French fouled out on was worse than this.... TV Teddy Valentine will never not be the star of the show

Ha yeah French had like a hand on the guy and got called for that 5th foul. Insanity. The drive and foul was just super late. If you want to call the impediment of progress thats fine, but dont' call it like 5 seconds after the play. Usually they let the kids play at that time of the game anyway unless its blatantly obvious.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Ha yeah French had like a hand on the guy and got called for that 5th foul. Insanity. The drive and foul was just super late. If you want to call the impediment of progress thats fine, but dont' call it like 5 seconds after the play. Usually they let the kids play at that time of the game anyway unless its blatantly obvious.

The vcu teams of old would get away with a ton more contact than those Collins bumps on pretty much every possession.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
The vcu teams of old would get away with a ton more contact than those Collins bumps on pretty much every possession.

Oh yeah I know. Most of what Collins did could be considered incidental contact too. 50/50 call, just sucks that TV Ted called it so late.

The old Havoc vcu used to do would get away with throwing you to the floor practically, especially in Richmond.