2019 Transfer Thread

Mason2005

All-American
GIVING DAY 2023
I don’t remember vcu over recruiting. What they do is recruit over under performing players and they wind up transferring out, but I don’t ever remember seeing them holding more scholarship players than they had available like Duquesne just did.
They have on many occasions.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I don’t remember vcu over recruiting. What they do is recruit over under performing players and they wind up transferring out, but I don’t ever remember seeing them holding more scholarship players than they had available like Duquesne just did.

They’ve done it several times. They’ve even oversigned in the early period and gone through an entire season knowing at least one of their current players was losing his scholarship.

It’s greasy and I don’t like it, but given how freely players transfer these days, I’m willing to consider that our coaches need to be proactive and guard against being caught shorthanded.

None of which matters because I’m sure DP wouldn’t do it.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Jesus h christ....how did I knock the PL? Was just stating facts. Isnt it rated below CUSA? U must be a millennial. Say yes so u can see what a real knock is.

Mason2005

All-American
GIVING DAY 2023
Jesus h christ....how did I knock the PL? Was just stating facts. Isnt it rated below CUSA? U must be a millennial. Say yes so u can see what a real knock is.
They just changed my age classification to something other than millennial haha. I do believe we should have a board meet up so we can all talk face to face. It'll probably help kill a lot of the animosity on the boards haha.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

GMU1983

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
DP recruited Sestina to Bucknell. He’s played in a couple of NCAA tournaments while at Bucknell.

However, Sestina grew up in a very small town in PA that’s less than an hour from Bona. When Bucknell played at Bona at the start of the OOC season, over 100 people from his town attended the game. Sestina reportedly drives to Bona in the summer to play pick up games. I have to believe that if he’s going to an A-10 team, Bona has the inside track.

That said, I believe he will get interest from P-5 schools. I’ve watched him several times over the years. He’s definitely could play for several P-5 schools.

It will be interesting to see where he lands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We need this guy!

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
McCall on the hot seat, too, I’ve got to imagine.
He's gone after next year. Probably should've gotten more out of that team last year and maybe this year, but injuries/academic issues hurt him. Next year won't really be his fault but he'll get canned after winning like three A10 games.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Duruji could have “heard” from Mason before Daddy took the final scholarship — regardless, he’s a great athlete and would be a nice addition to our roster after his redshirt year.

He’s a Maryland kid so maybe he wants to come home?

Jim, make sure the tractor for dad arrives on time. I'll make sure the cash gets to momma. ;)