2015 Recruiting

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Figured 2015 should get a thread.

2015 G Samir Doughty picked up an offer from Mason.

Hat tip to EXPatriot13

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Any interesting info on this kid? Not a PG, I assume?

I clicked around on him yesterday and saw that hes from Philly and seems like the interest is "growing". His Yahoo profile had schools like Villanova on it as interest.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
What's the word aau coaches call college programs that are sinking? Let's pretend its "Mush".

Mason is mush at the moment. And without a contract extension, combined with a losing season, doubled with a new AD, aint no recruit looking to play for Hewitt right now. Atleast not any Great Ones.

Mason Mush

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
What's the word aau coaches call college programs that are sinking? Let's pretend its "Mush".

Mason is mush at the moment. And without a contract extension, combined with a losing season, doubled with a new AD, aint no recruit looking to play for Hewitt right now. Atleast not any Great Ones.

Mason Mush

One would think so, but only time will tell. Maybe Hewitt and the team will surprise everyone next season.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
One would think so, but only time will tell. Maybe Hewitt and the team will surprise everyone next season.

That is something time will tell. Probability tells me otherwise.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Not as fast as Hewitt bringing the program down to irrelevance.

GMURaider

Sixth Man
Your negativity flat out sucks . Does taking potshots at our program make you feel better? DOES IT?! You are one of the ones helping to build a culture of negativity. Jim Larranaga is not walking through that F*CKING DOOR! LET'S GET BEHIND JALEN AND HIS TEAMMATES! A NEW YEAR IS A NEW START! Jalen Jenkins and his teammates are working hard in the weight room and becoming better players. Royal, Jenkins, Holloway. The bounce back WILL happen in 2015.
Not as fast as Hewitt bringing the program down to irrelevance.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Your negativity flat out sucks . Does taking potshots at our program make you feel better? DOES IT?! You are one of the ones helping to build a culture of negativity. Jim Larranaga is not walking through that F*CKING DOOR! LET'S GET BEHIND JALEN AND HIS TEAMMATES! A NEW YEAR IS A NEW START! Jalen Jenkins and his teammates are working hard in the weight room and becoming better players. Royal, Jenkins, Holloway. The bounce back WILL happen in 2015.

Hahaha. I always get a good chuckle out of your posts.

jmckend1

Starter
Thank you!!! I was trying to say this same damn thing on another board and it turned into a damn chorus of misery piling on the sadness and pity. Growth of the program will be damn near impossible if the only people with confidence are the guys putting on the jersey, and the defeatist attitude of the "supporters" sure isn't going to help anything. Comebacks are possible.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Thank you!!! I was trying to say this same damn thing on another board and it turned into a damn chorus of misery piling on the sadness and pity. Growth of the program will be damn near impossible if the only people with confidence are the guys putting on the jersey, and the defeatist attitude of the "supporters" sure isn't going to help anything. Comebacks are possible.

Comebacks are possible, but they don't have anything to do with what we say on a message board. Last year April I couldn't wait for GMU's first season in the A-10. A year later and I've never had lower expectations for an upcoming season. (been a fan since 2000, if my fandom went back further I know this wouldn't be the case) Sorry - simply don't know what anyone has seen out of Hewitt that makes them thinks he'll magically turn things around.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023

I see your point Raider. Although early, you're stoked about next year. Just like I was last year when Williams, Allen and Wright were busting their a** in the weight room. And the year before that too. But what about the end product and end results after Hewitt has his way during the season? I'm sure the guys are all stars in the gym and in pick up games. What happend last year? No legit PG? Sloppy play? Unlucky? what? It's easy to forget isn't it? Well, if you paid any attention, you'd see that our "coach" is a stubborn idiot. I know that we were outmatched at times...oh wait..we hung with the top of the A10 and blew all the leads we had. Was it b/c JA left? Maybe. Maybe that situation splintered the locker room. Was it b/c Okajoke was above all the rules and could step on guys then check his cell piece on the bench on national tv?There are many negatives that happened last year that stem from bad management. You wave those pom poms and hope to blow that bad stuff away. I'll be real and call it what it is. A joke of coach thus far. Maybe next year.....he'll be gone.

GMURaider

Sixth Man
It's not a matter of magic. Copes is due for a bounce back year . Jenkins will continue his march in Patriot lore. Holloway has hit some clutch shots for us. We lost a lot of heartbreakers. I don't expect so many Close games. I think the guys learned the hard way you have to bring your A+ game to beat A10 teams. The freshmen will give us something. Hewitt will coach every game like it's Game 7 of the NBA Finals. He needs a winning year to impress the new AD. I think we go 10-8 in league play and 8-4 in OOC. That gets us to 18-12. Maybe add a win or 2 in Brooklyn and we should be in a tourney come March.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Comebacks are possible, but they don't have anything to do with what we say on a message board. Last year April I couldn't wait for GMU's first season in the A-10. A year later and I've never had lower expectations for an upcoming season. (been a fan since 2000, if my fandom went back further I know this wouldn't be the case) Sorry - simply don't know what anyone has seen out of Hewitt that makes them thinks he'll magically turn things around.

Yes, combacks are possible. And I'd love to be surprised next year. But some of you need to stop smoking the magic dragon.

GMURaider

Sixth Man
I'm a little more patient than you are. This will be his defining year. We can't chew up a coach after 3 years. When did Mason become a pressure cooker of expectations like Kentucky?
I see your point Raider. Although early, you're stoked about next year. Just like I was last year when Williams, Allen and Wright were busting their a** in the weight room. And the year before that too. But what about the end product and end results after Hewitt has his way during the season? I'm sure the guys are all stars in the gym and in pick up games. What happend last year? No legit PG? Sloppy play? Unlucky? what? It's easy to forget isn't it? Well, if you paid any attention, you'd see that our "coach" is a stubborn idiot. I know that we were outmatched at times...oh wait..we hung with the top of the A10 and blew all the leads we had. Was it b/c JA left? Maybe. Maybe that situation splintered the locker room. Was it b/c Okajoke was above all the rules and could step on guys then check his cell piece on the bench on national tv?There are many negatives that happened last year that stem from bad management. You wave those pom poms and hope to blow that bad stuff away. I'll be real and call it what it is. A joke of coach thus far. Maybe next year.....he'll be gone.