2015 Recruiting

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Each 1 teach 1? Is that a school or a camp?

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Alex Kline‏@TheRecruitScoop
George Mason has extended an offer to Levan Alston, a 2015 guard from Team Final (PA).

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Eric Turner, 6'5 from Florida Elite has a George Mason offer. From Gainesville FL just like Isaiah Jackson

KAOriginal

All-American
Alex Kline‏@TheRecruitScoop
George Mason has extended an offer to Levan Alston, a 2015 guard from Team Final (PA).

I F*CKIN LOVE THIS KID!!!!!!!!!!!!! JFC if he comes here I'll buy hookers every 3rd Saturday night for him.

(In the spirit of the new dont be negative atmosphere that was requested...)

wijg

Starter
We just recruited three: Mayimba, Lockett and Jackson.
Did you perhaps miss my sarcasm? I was suggesting he will keep recruiting until he has them all. I was the one that suggested our roster would need to be rebuilt when we get a new coach because not all coaches would want a team filled with wing men, and you suggested no roster rebuilding would be required. Now you are getting worried about recruiting more wing men...

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
It's not a bad idea in theory to build a roster with long, athletic kids who can guard multiple positions. In fact, it's a damn good idea if you're a coach who insists on switching every screen as a tenet of your defensive philosophy.

The question is whether you can get kids like that on our level. This isn't the ACC, after all.

No offense to our incoming recruits, but I'll believe Jackson can guard the 1 and Lockett can guard the 2 against A-10 caliber competition when I see it.

I think we're more likely to wind up with 5-6 kids who can only realistically play the 3 spot. Then the question becomes: What do you do with them all?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Did you perhaps miss my sarcasm? I was suggesting he will keep recruiting until he has them all. I was the one that suggested our roster would need to be rebuilt when we get a new coach because not all coaches would want a team filled with wing men, and you suggested no roster rebuilding would be required. Now you are getting worried about recruiting more wing men...

I believe the next coach will have a group of very hard working players who may not necessarily fit into a pigeon hole position, but will work their asses off for him. At least that's the impression I get from Holloway, Moore, Marko, Mayimba, Lockett and others. I'm not sure who will stay and who will opt to leave, but "rebuild" is the improper word to use.

wijg

Starter
I believe the next coach will have a group of very hard working players who may not necessarily fit into a pigeon hole position, but will work their asses off for him. At least that's the impression I get from Holloway, Moore, Marko, Mayimba, Lockett and others. I'm not sure who will stay and who will opt to leave, but "rebuild" is the improper word to use.
Wow, you are being a little bit too literal with the word rebuild, but I'll play along.

So if we continue with the construction related metaphor of rebuilding... We have a house with a bunch of bedrooms but no bathroom, no kitchen, etc. Those bedrooms work great, but at some point a person needs to use a bathroom, or the house is going be a mess. The person is needs a kitchen for it function well as a home. So, we have a house that needs major remodeling. It will probably take a minimum of two years to remodel since the local rules restrict us from remodeling more than 1 or 2 rooms a year.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
The most important thing our house lacks is a foundation. Until this changes, it is doomed to fail.