2014 Recruiting

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
I think Lockett's knee injury might have been more serious than we thought. He tweeted out another picture with a huge knee brace on and holding crutches. Today he tweeted that he's starting physical therapy. Good thing it's only May 7th.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
what was the nature of his injury?

It was reported as a knee "sprain" in the newspaper, but these days that seems to be the catch-all phrase for any initial knee injury diagnosis.

Whether he had a torn ligament or whatever, who knows?

It certainly sounds like it was more than a "sprain" if he's still wearing a brace and going to PT 2 months after the end of his season.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Even if Lockett winds up redshirting to give himself maximum time to get healthy, I'm not sure how we'd be writing off 2014 any more than we already were.

Agreed. Other than that Raider guy, I think most people here agree that there will be a lot of growing pains next year. I'm looking forward to seeing the new guys, but I have no delusions of grandeur that we we will do much better than this year.

That said, regardless of who our coach is after next season, I at least feel like we are building toward something. What that is remains to be seen.

Last edited:

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
That said, regardless of who our coach is after next season, I at least feel like we are building toward something. What that is remains to be seen.

belfast_golden_age_shipbuilding.jpg

Patriotfan49

Starter
Agreed. Other than that Raider guy, I think most people here agree that there will be a lot of growing pains next year. I'm looking forward to seeing the new guys, but I have no delusions of grandeur that we we will do much better than this year.

Raider fans have a tendency to be delusional about things....usually it's due to a substance like bath salts or being insanely intoxicated 87% of the time every time during games.

As far as building toward something....here is my take
prison-escape.jpg

nice pickup. Welcome to GMU Omari. the timing of this walk-on addition is a bit strange. Perhaps Marquise's knee is worse than you are all aware of?

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
FYI, our top 2014 target, Temarcus Blanton, is in the process of being recruited over at South Carolina before he even plays his first game there.

USC just got a commitment from 6-7 G P.J. Dozier, the No. 21 player in the nation by ESPN, and is also a finalist for Dozier's friend, 6-7 wing Tevin Mack (No. 58).

Mack, who also has vcu on his final list, announces tomorrow.

USC is also in on several BIG-TIME guards from the Palmetto State in the 2016 class. Frank Martin is fairly killing it right now.

Blanton, by the way, is sitting out this season because of a hip injury. He'll be on the transfer list soon enough.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
It's amazing how many of our former top targets are sitting out due to injury or academics. Just goes to show that when we don't get a recruit, sometimes there was a good reason we backed off.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023