2014 Recruiting

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Not to criticize that play of the game, but I was hoping to see him muscling through three defenders to get an and-1 opportunity or something.

Defense and post-up moves are pretty much illegal in a Cap Classic game. It's just a bunch of great athletes running up and down the court trying to one-up each other with dunks and 30-foot shots.

On another note, it's sad what that game has become. I used to cover it when it would draw thousands at US Air Arena and later Cole Field House. Not they can't even draw more than a few hundred people in a high school gym.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Lyles isn't a PG, he's a SG trapped in a skinny 6-foot body.

Tremendous shooter, but we already have a short SG and can't see Hewitt being interested in signing another -- even in the extremely unlikely event that Lyles was the slightest bit inclined in Mason.

OP
JBiggs

JBiggs

Starter
Lyles isn't a PG, he's a SG trapped in a skinny 6-foot body.

Tremendous shooter, but we already have a short SG and can't see Hewitt being interested in signing another -- even in the extremely unlikely event that Lyles was the slightest bit inclined in Mason.
Ah, ok. I didn't know much about him other than he was a pretty good player that couldn't get enough playing time.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Ah, ok. I didn't know much about him other than he was a pretty good player that couldn't get enough playing time.

He was much better as a SG at DeMatha. Very explosive, lightning quick, unbelievable range on his jumper. They moved him to PG as a senior and he was mediocre at best.

Given the talent on vcu's roster, I'm not surprised at all that he was stuck on the bench.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Has Eric Lockett ever had any major knee issues in the past? He posted a picture on twitter and has quite the brace on his right knee. (albeit he's at the gym in the picture so probably not a big deal)

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Has Eric Lockett ever had any major knee issues in the past? He posted a picture on twitter and has quite the brace on his right knee. (albeit he's at the gym in the picture so probably not a big deal)

He sprained his knee during this year's state playoffs. Probably just wearing it as a precaution.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Apparently Seth Allen and Charles Mitchell are rumored to be heading out of UMD. Seth Allen is from Woodbridge VA.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Apparently Seth Allen and Charles Mitchell are rumored to be heading out of UMD. Seth Allen is from Woodbridge VA.

Me likey some Seth Allen. Unfortunately, we are now out of scholarships.

Would've liked to have one to get in on the Terrapin Transfer Sweepstakes -- either Roddy Peters or Seth Allen would like muy bueno in the green and gold.

Me likey some Seth Allen. Unfortunately, we are now out of scholarships.

Would've liked to have one to get in on the Terrapin Transfer Sweepstakes -- either Roddy Peters or Seth Allen would like muy bueno in the green and gold.

Eh...you're never REALLY out of scholarships. IF they want someone else, I bet one could open up....

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
With Hewitt's job on the line, I don't think he'd hesitate to pull the trigger on one of the rising seniors -- meaning Edwards or Gray, we know Copes ain't leaving -- if he had a chance to get a transfer who could contribute right away.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
I know Paul Ball has a reputation as a master recruiter, but just can't see a guy who averaged 13.4 points in the ACC as a Soph. transferring to a 4 win A-10 squad.