2014-2015 schedule thread

OP
GMURaider

GMURaider

Sixth Man
I think Moore, Jenkins, and Holloway will continue to grow. Julian Royal will be a beast. The freshmen will help too.

OP
GMURaider

GMURaider

Sixth Man
If I'm guilty of putting my hope in the kids? So be it. We won't have as many heartbreaking defeats. I think our guys will have learned the hard way you have to play hard all game.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
If I'm guilty of putting my hope in the kids? So be it. We won't have as many heartbreaking defeats. I think our guys will have learned the hard way you have to play hard all game.

We'll have less heartbreaking defeats and more just plain old defeats.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
You see a similar record?

I do. Next year won't be fun whether we bring in a new coach or not. It sucks. If we do bring in a new coach it'll at least show that the AD is making an attempt to right the ship and get the program on the right track again.

OP
GMURaider

GMURaider

Sixth Man
AU was 10-20 last year. They are in the tourney this year. Turnarounds happen. Believe in Hewitt!
I do. Next year won't be fun whether we bring in a new coach or not. It sucks. If we do bring in a new coach it'll at least show that the AD is making an attempt to right the ship and get the program on the right track again.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
AU was 10-20 last year. They are in the tourney this year. Turnarounds happen. Believe in Hewitt!

Nope - believe in the AU coach. Can we have him? I remember reading the AU boards prior to the season, they were as pessimistic as GMU's boards were comparatively optimistic. I was somewhat optimistic myself. Who'd of thunk we'd trade places with AU fans by the middle of March.

Cool Disco Dan

Sixth Man
ExPat has it right: No.

Our realistic range in terms of win total is between 8-15. Maybe a 10% chance we don't even reach 8 and a 5% chance we top 15. Anyway, we'll have a coaching change, so don't get too attached to anyone on the roster as they'll need to be re-recruited by the next coach.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
You know your college team sucks when you just checked the standings to see how your favorite NBA team - the Knicks, are doing. (3 games out of the 8 seed)

Last edited:

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
Princeton in Fairfax?
@ Penn (hopefully at the Palestra)?
@ American (I wouldn't be surprised if this was a home and home)?

Conference games (although this could change because of Davidson coming in, so I am looking at the games that were not home and homes this season):

vcu
@ St. Joe's
@ Dayton
@ St. Bonaventure
@ Richmond
Fordham
Rhode Island
La Salle

St. Louis, UMass, GW, Duquense were home and home's this season.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Nope - believe in the AU coach. Can we have him? I remember reading the AU boards prior to the season, they were as pessimistic as GMU's boards were comparatively optimistic. I was somewhat optimistic myself. Who'd of thunk we'd trade places with AU fans by the middle of March.

Who knew when we squeaked by AU earlier this season that it would turn out to be one of our two wins over teams bound for the NCAA tournament?

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I've heard rumors from some of the people in my section that VG, Edwards, and Analai are putting in their transfer papers after this season.

Things are looking bleak...at least I'll save money by only purchasing Saturday games on my plan next year...

A

AAUMAN

Spectator
We won't have as many heartbreaking defeats. I think our guys will have learned the hard way you have to play hard all game.

I was at the game and it's sad to see so many supportive fans that came all the way to NYC/Brooklyn and had to watch a POORLY coached team. Next year will be the same unless this coach and his staff is removed. This isn't a talent issue regarding players but it's a lack of talent with respect to coaching. Hewitt and his staff looked CLUELESS.....Next year will be more of the same because at this point it's all about coaching and I believe Fairfax Va and the surrounding area deserve better than this......either Hewitt resign or his coaching staff is fired but something have to give. This is a shame and TOC couldn't pay coach L and his assistants a respectable salary and to go out and get Hewitt to replace coach L and destroy what took almost 10 years to build and to watch this program fall to such lows is disheartening. Ps: Mason need to cut ties with this coach....ASAP because next year will be the same.....MARK MY WORDS.

Last edited by a moderator:

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Also hosting Iona at home

I think Penn and American were guarantees, but no idea.