2014-2015 schedule thread

JBiggs

Starter
Such bullshit that vcu gets a home only game in season one, and then the following season it's a home-away.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Very pleased to see vcu, Davidson, UR and GW as our home and home teams. Hopefully the Davidson game will be on a weekend. I plan on going to that one.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I just can't contain my negativity man.

In my best Crocodile Dundee voice: That's not negativity, mate. This is negativity:

If we don't show any better for games next season than we did last season, those vcu d!cks will buy up 2/3 of the seats in the Patriot Center. If that happens, we should all punch ourselves in the nutsacks for being lousy fans.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
We lost 3 of our top 7 players from a team that won only 4 A-10 games last season and got swept by Fordham, and we're gonna win 10 games this season?

You've got a better chance of winning the lottery, getting struck by lightning and being diagnosed with sickle-cell disease on the same day.

Honestly, I'll be shocked if we get into double digits overall.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Yea but now he has " his" guys.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
We lost 3 of our top 7 players from a team that won only 4 A-10 games last season and got swept by Fordham, and we're gonna win 10 games this season?

You've got a better chance of winning the lottery, getting struck by lightning and being diagnosed with sickle-cell disease on the same day.

Honestly, I'll be shocked if we get into double digits overall.

Two very odd things and then one other reason I think we will probably win more league games this year than last (although I still think we finish under .500).

1) We played better against the top half of the league than the bottom
2) We played better on the road than at home

and the third thing:

3) This league will take a hit overall with a lot of talent graduating.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Two very odd things and then one other reason I think we will probably win more league games this year than last (although I still think we finish under .500).

1) We played better against the top half of the league than the bottom
2) We played better on the road than at home

and the third thing:

3) This league will take a hit overall with a lot of talent graduating.

No. 3 is valid .. no easy task moving up into a new league the year it gets 6 bids. The A-10 almost certainly has to fall off some, considering the talent lost.

But we lose as much as any team in the conference other than SLU and Saint Joe's.

Can't see us being better without our 2 leading scorers in a guard-dominated league.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
With the addition of Davidson and the increase to the 18-game conference schedule (from 16 games this season), there should be 13 A10 opponents and 5 home-and-home series next season.
Other than local rival GW, who would you like to see Mason have a home-and-home series with next season? My preference would be Davidson, vcu, Richmond, & St. Joe's.
http://www.davidsoncats.com/viewtopic.php?t=19220#top
I'm very satisfied with the home-and-home opponents, which nearly matched my preference. I wonder if Davidson got a commitment before joining the A10 that conference travel costs would be minimized?