Where Are They Now?

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Bill Courtney's Cornell Big Red (0-12) lost at St. Peter's (4-7) 67-59 for its 18th consecutive loss. Cornell's next game is at St. Bonaventure on Jan. 4.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Well, at least he's making his free throws.

lol. And that means unfortunately for North Texas, that he is putting the ball on the floor and going to the basket. He can't finish. Unfortunately, he hasn't been able to finish his 3 Pt. FGAs for over three years now too.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Hey, I'd rather a perimeter player who is cold from 3 put it on the deck and get to the line and put some pressure on the defense instead if clang three after three after three shot attempt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
With a 67-65 (OT) loss at Florida (10-3), Jim Lewis' Georgetown women's team is currently 6-6. Lewis was hired as interim head coach 2 weeks before this season's opener.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
With a 71-48 home victory over Loyola (MD)(5-6) tonight, Jim Larranaga's Miami Hurricanes are currently 8-5 (o-1 in the ACC). Miami's next game is at Syracuse on Jan. 4.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
In Bill Courtney's 100th game as a head coach (35-65), his Cornell Big Red (0-13) lost at St. Bonaventure (10-4) today 81-57. This is Cornell's 19th consecutive loss, the longest losing streak in its history & the longest current streak in D-I.

Cornell will complete its OOC schedule next Saturday by hosting D-III Oberlin. This appears to be Cornell's best opportunity this season to end its losing streak.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Cornell will complete its OOC schedule next Saturday by hosting D-III Oberlin. This appears to be Cornell's best opportunity this season to end its losing streak.
As far as D1 stats go, even if they win, it won't count as ending their streak since Oberlin is D-III, right?

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Bill Courtney's Cornell Big Red (1-13) defeated D-III Oberlin (4-9) at home today 77-55 to end its 19-game losing streak.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Bill Courtney's Cornell Big Red (1-13) defeated D-III Oberlin (4-9) at home today 77-55 to end its 19-game losing streak.

Good for him. I don't really know him but I do know several others on these boards think highly of him. Hardly a win that will turn-around their season, but it pains me to see good people struggle and the burden he must be bearing must weigh heavily on him.

To a somewhat lesser degree (given that Mason hasn't yet lost 19 straight), I have the same sense about Hewitt. I know some have attributed his less intense coaching style to a lack of caring and that he was just in it for the money. I'd be very surprised if that is true.

My sense is , like most of us, he wants to succeed in his chosen profession, regardless of the salary. To be somewhat at the mercy of 18-21 year old kids performing to high expectations makes it an uncertain business. As hard it is to be a fan of a team that is struggling, my sense is that it is harder on the coach.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Luke trying to bring Louisville back against #13 Cincy. On ESPN Now.

I just tuned in when L'vlle was down 8--watched about 3 minutes and Luke made a 3, dribbled into the paint and gave about 3 head-fakes before making a 2, got an assist on a lob pass, & forced a Cincy turnover.

Oh what could have been!

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/coll...all-vaughns-becomes-leader-in-lone-season.ece

Vertrail Vaughns left everything he knew in college basketball behind for a dream nearly a year ago.

The former George Mason guard wanted to play a little closer to home and see his father in the stands regularly for the first time in his college career.

Transferring to North Texas for his senior season provided the Mesquite graduate that opportunity, one he has quickly capitalized on heading into a game today at Tulsa.

Vaughns has developed into a key player for UNT, not only on the court but off it as well in his first and final season at the school.

“If you look around the country, a lot of teams have players who are coming in for one year,” UNT coach Tony Benford said. “He has helped us off the court and in the locker room from a maturity standpoint. He is a great character guy and a great leader who is vocal.”