Where Are They Now?

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Lamar Butler is always tweeting motivational things and encouraging people to follow their passion...this morning he tweeted that he was "talking to himself" about this because he wants to be on the sidelines coaching soon. Should Hewitt give him a call?

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Lamar Butler is always tweeting motivational things and encouraging people to follow their passion...this morning he tweeted that he was "talking to himself" about this because he wants to be on the sidelines coaching soon. Should Hewitt give him a call?

I believe that Lamar could be an outstanding coach. Other than John Vaughan serving as an unofficial player-coach, the last Mason men's basketball player to coach at Mason was Tremaine Price as a graduate assistant. BTW, Tremaine is currently 5-10 this season at Parkdale H.S. - see
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/parkdale-panthers-(riverdale,md)/basketball/home.htm.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
I think Hewitt should bring Lamar Butler on board starting next season. Lamar obviously wants to be on the sidelines, knows a ton about basketball, and has a unique and inspired connection to Mason hoops. Get rid of Houston and bring in Butler, Hewitt!

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I think Hewitt should bring Lamar Butler on board starting next season. Lamar obviously wants to be on the sidelines, knows a ton about basketball, and has a unique and inspired connection to Mason hoops. Get rid of Houston and bring in Butler, Hewitt!

Houston coaches the forwards. You wouldn't fire him to bring in a guards coach.

I believe Skeeters coaches the guards.

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I know you're not 100% serious, but Lamar has zero coaching experience and is not ready to be a D1 assistant. However, without having to fire an assistant, he coukd be brought in as one of those BS titles beneath director of basketball operations and work his way up through the system. I would love to have Lamar on the sidelines, or associated with the program in any capacity

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Lamar is already a better team builder than who we currently employ.

smccart5

Starter
I think Houston is gone after this season. Our bigs need help. Hewitt also seemed frustrated with him last game. We were in a dog fight with St. Louis and Houston was laughing about something. Hewitt turned away looking pissed

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
I think Houston is gone after this season. Our bigs need help. Hewitt also seemed frustrated with him last game. We were in a dog fight with St. Louis and Houston was laughing about something. Hewitt turned away looking pissed

I really don't think Houston provides much of anything. He seems pretty lifeless on the sidelines and hasn't done much with helping his nephew out on and off the court.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Rashad Whack on masn doing well with 15 pts over CCSU.

I remember watching him play a pick-up game at the RAC a few years ago against current and former men's basketball players. The dude has a great shot, glad he's doing well.

Junkees9

Sixth Man
Hey, wait a minute. Houston was instrumental in getting Copes to come to Mason -- our highest ranked recruit ever! That was a steal -- I mean a foul -- I mean 4 fouls per game.