Where Are They Now?

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
As a product of the Lake Braddock-to-George Mason pipeline I think it's obvious Davis made a huge mistake going to UNC.
He can redeem himself with a match-up vs the Patriots in Fairfax. Perhaps next year?

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
but that happens every UNC away game lol. They could play in Hawaii so you could watch and the crowd would still be 3/4 Carolina Blue
I've been a Carolina fan since 1970, five years before I even went to Mason. And I have only pulled against them once in 52 years. Seems like it was a game in '06 if memory serves me right.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
With us visiting Yuri Collins (#1 in the NCAA in assists at 10.8 per game) I was curious to see where others stand. Interesting to note that Tyler Kolek is currently third in the nation at 8.0 assists per game.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
With us visiting Yuri Collins (#1 in the NCAA in assists at 10.8 per game) I was curious to see where others stand. Interesting to note that Tyler Kolek is currently third in the nation at 8.0 assists per game.
weird how apparently just keeping him in the corner to shoot the three wasn't the best use of him. after not being able to hit the rim last year his shooting has also improved for Marquette. Maybe he was a PG after all and DP should maybe have tried him there instead of forcing Jamal Hartwell down our throats

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
weird how apparently just keeping him in the corner to shoot the three wasn't the best use of him. after not being able to hit the rim last year his shooting has also improved for Marquette. Maybe he was a PG after all and DP should maybe have tried him there instead of forcing Jamal Hartwell down our throats
If I recall correctly, Kolek played PG that year only out of need and was good at it but none of us said "FUTURE PG!!!". I know I most certainly didn't.

I also don't believe he played PG at all during HS, but you or someone else can correct me on that one. Kid has turned into a total stud in his PG role.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
If I recall correctly, Kolek played PG that year only out of need and was good at it but none of us said "FUTURE PG!!!". I know I most certainly didn't.

I also don't believe he played PG at all during HS, but you or someone else can correct me on that one. Kid has turned into a total stud in his PG role.
Hey if he's so talented maybe we shouldn't have fired DP

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm old enough to remember our Final Four run and how poorly Billy Packer treated us that March and April. I'm also old enough to remember a time when he was a really good college basketball commentator.
View: https://twitter.com/MarkPacker/status/1618810076533243904

RIP Billy Packer.
I remember back when the Pilot Insurance Company sponsored the televised games on Wednesday night and Saturday. Billy teamed up with Jim Thacker to call the games. Packer and Thacker.
Yeah, Billy treated us like crap, but I also remember when he was really good. RIP.
Thanks for posting.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
RIP Billy.

I have to say the CBS crew that has done games for years like Eagle, Spanarkel, Rafferty and even Packer, always knew the teams playing and the backrounds. Much different than the analysts that get stuck calling an A10 game over a weekend and barely know who is playing or how to pronounce player names.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
RIP Billy.

I have to say the CBS crew that has done games for years like Eagle, Spanarkel, Rafferty and even Packer, always knew the teams playing and the backrounds. Much different than the analysts that get stuck calling an A10 game over a weekend and barely know who is playing or how to pronounce player names.
ABSOLUTELY!!!
And Jim Bonner (former UVa player) may not be the most exciting, but he is *very* good.