What should we complain about next?

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I think this is my first ever newly created thread. It feels powerful.

While coach speculation and player movement will no doubt occupy a lot of bandwidth on these boards, I think we need to start thinking about what change we can initiate next. These boards in some capacity have changed our mascot, brought alcohol back to the homecoming tailgate, gotten Andy Katz to wrongly report a story about Thuc Phan and now have helped to relieve a coach of his duties. The question is, what should we go after next? People here who have spent years working towards this latest accomplishment are soon going to feel a little empty inside without a cause to pursue. We need to keep them busy. Some suggestions might be:
  • Insist on a new PA Announcer
  • Ramp up the intensity on a Hall of Fame and/or jerseys in the rafters
  • Bring back halftime cookies in the Gold/Green rooms
  • Move the primary student section the visitors end of the court
  • Get into the early 2000s and put up that video scoreboard
Other suggestions...

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
The Baby Derby again.
No more youth league basketball games at halftime.
Name the court "Jim Larranaga Court" already.
Build a new arena (not realistic, but we're just dreaming, right?)
Retire #21, #32, and #22.

Steve33

Sixth Man
I love the idea of moving the primary student section to the other end of the floor. would be a huge advantage. When the student section is full of course. Hopefully a new coach will bring that.

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
New logo. I'm thinking GMU rebirth, new chapter, new logo/jerseys? That or the sound system/announcer. ..or the lighting.

There are new jerseys every two years anyways. Besides, we are likely getting a new deal with Under Armour or adidas. Either way, we're getting new jerseys.

Now if we want a new logo...

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I love the idea of moving the primary student section to the other end of the floor. would be a huge advantage. When the student section is full of course. Hopefully a new coach will bring that.

They had to move the band to the other side of the basket because of A10 rules, not sure if there are rules for putting the students so close to the end of the bench.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
I'm with 52....The moving of the student section is imperative. It could affect the outcomes of games.

I'd like to see evidence of that. I assume the argument for that change is based on distracting visitors on their foul shots in the second half. Frankly I think it's a myth created by fans to think that they have influence in the outcome. My sense is that a loud and boisterous home crowd is influential in getting players pumped up, but that any arm-waving, speedo-wearing during opponent foul shots has no effect. My prediction is that visitor foul-shooting in the first half is significantly correlated with their % in the second half.

sigmanorm

Starter
Name the arena already... It could be Larranaga Court at the:
Under Armour Center - the UAC
Hewlett-Packard Arena - the Hipaa
Nike Pro Combat Center - the Combat Zone
Adidas Arena - the AA Center
Google Dome - the GD Center