What one thing should AD Edwards address first?

Pablo

Hall of Famer
IMO, the next thing that AD Edwards should address is the women's soccer head coaching position.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I don't think we should wait until we start filling the W column. Need to start this now.

Unless we can come up with a plan that coincides with the new roof, I don't see it happening. Our schedule is too busy to close the arena down for an extended period of time.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Unless we can come up with a plan that coincides with the new roof, I don't see it happening. Our schedule is too busy to close the arena down for an extended period of time.

We're not getting suites until the PC is declared decrepit, torn down and replaced with a modern 7,500-seat version of Towson's arena.

In other words, not in my lifetime.

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
Let's say a new arena was built, is there enough land on Mason's campus to do this or would it be easier to tear it down and rebuild it on the same site?

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Madison Sq Garden is a busier arena in a much more hectic location. That was renovated over a few years without drastically changing event schedules. The arena schedule isn't the reason the Patriot Center hasn't been gutted. its $$$

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Let's say a new arena was built, is there enough land on Mason's campus to do this or would it be easier to tear it down and rebuild it on the same site?
There is land on the other side of 123 that could serve as a great location for a new arena. However, moving it there gives students another excuse not to go. At least right now, they can walk to games. The flip side is that all the other events cause chaos to an already congested campus at night.

Regardless, this isn't happening anytime soon. Edwards needs to figure out who the next coaches will be for women's soccer, softball and men's basketball.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
If I recall correctly, Mason had considered removing some seating for a lounge but rejected the idea.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
If Edwards isn't in his office right now going over his list of potential replacements, I'd be very disappointed.

It's inevitable at this point that we're gonna have a new coach next season.

May as well use this time wisely and prepare a game plan for the search.

wijg

Starter
My post in the write Edwards thread got me wondering, have we seen any decision, move or big donations, etc. that has Edwards fingerprint on it?

Just wondering if there is anything yet by which we can get a warm and fuzzy that he was the right hire, or is he still an unknown as far as concrete actions go?