What one thing should AD Edwards address first?

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
What one issue should Brad Edwards tackle first as GMU AD? (NOT INCLUDING ANYTHING HAVING TO DO WITH PAUL HEWITT'S JOB STATUS)

Please use the following format example:
"I think Mr. Edwards should focus on __________, because __________ ." Feel free to include reasoning, justification, etc. to make your point. Make your point constructively. Visual aides are always nice.

Pick ONE ISSUE. Only one.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
What one issue should Brad Edwards tackle first as GMU AD? (NOT INCLUDING ANYTHING HAVING TO DO WITH PAUL HEWITT'S JOB STATUS)

Please use the following format example:
"I think Mr. Edwards should focus on __________, because __________ ." Feel free to include reasoning, justification, etc. to make your point. Make your point constructively. Visual aides are always nice.

Pick ONE ISSUE. Only one.

If he's not going to address the coach's job status, Edwards might as well go on vacation for a year. Other than the craptastic baseball facility, it's by far our athletic department's most pressing concern.

sigmanorm

Starter
Student Attendance, because no matter what sport we need MORE FANS to attend. Give away cool stuff...maybe let them sneak in beer...something outside the box...free body painting...free GO MASON tops
More of these guys!!
DocNixC_1327960080_crop_north.jpg

and something like this on the other end of the court!
Nyamu_BasketballCulture.jpg

free tops like this with Mason logos!
thumb.aspx

GMURaider

Sixth Man
I know you just want one but I am going to put forward a few...

1. More student outreach
2. More giveaways
3. A coordinated plan to try to increase our presence in Brooklyn
4. More student/fan outreach to try to get more people into Mason Soccer or baseball.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
I think Mr. Edwards should focus on corporate sponsorship of Mason sports, because this provides a significant potential source of funding.

Last edited:

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I'd like to see him address attendance at all sporting events. What draws people to a Mens basketball game or Mens Soccer game? What traditions can occur going forward so that people want to come to a Mason sporting event to "be apart of it"? Is it pregame food trucks? Maybe having more official "pre-game parties" at Brion's for certain events can be worked in.

A lot of stuff comes with success (more people in Brooklyn, students showing up, attendance in general), but make the events unique to the Mason community. Don't make it like the same rigmarole that's occurred since who knows when...

Dawgs99

Starter
I think Mr. Edwards should focus on corporate sponsorships of Mason sports, because this provides a significant potential source of funding.

Could not agree more.....corporate sponsorship needs to be a major priority. I'd also like to see the naming rights to the Pat Center sold as well.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
"I think Mr. Edwards should focus on identifying rising stars in the coaching world, because, well . . . you know."

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Could not agree more.....corporate sponsorship needs to be a major priority. I'd also like to see the naming rights to the Pat Center sold as well.

I know Jollay jokes, but Lockheed Martin is just too good not to get them to do it.

Lockheed Martin Patriot Center. I mean come on!

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm all for the corporate reach out, but hope people realize if we start getting a bunch of big dollar donors, the price of poker will go up for everyone who wants to visit a hospitality room, sit by the court or do other insider stuff. Right now a lot of us get a pretty significant amount of benefit for a relatively small amount of money. Going corporate will likely change that.

Baseball stadium upgrades are also important, though in the A-10 we're probably not that far behind anyone else.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
If we all bitch about wanting to make the big time then we shouldn't bitch about paying the price to make the big time.

Edwards should do the following:

1.) Clean out the dead weight in the AD and put in people who will execute his strategy effectively.

2.) Get the money ...from corporate donors, from alumni, from the community.

3.) Make the investments in facilities starting with baseball and related practice facilities, basketball practice facilities, continue and expand field house and soccer facilities.

4.) Develop and implement more effective marketing and branding.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
bring in more $$$. that can come from individual donations, corporate donations, sponsorships, etc, etc. the more money he brings in, the more options he'll have to address all the needs of the department.

phoenix-arizona

All-American
If the AD is going to get Lockheed Martin involved there should be some airstrikes in order.

Hit GW and vcu. Drop Patriots name and become GMU Jets.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Make Mason the place every student-athlete wants to play for.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Or hot sauce. You need hot sauce. Preferably Cholula hot sauce.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Make sure there's little salt packets on the concourse during games.

What kind of demented madman sells tasty chicken fingers and fries without salt? Morons.

Excellent point. More salt means more beer consumed, which results in louder rowdier fans.

KAOriginal

All-American
"Professional" dance team and cheerleaders. That are available for rent at private functions.

Get rid of the amateur "I'm here to get my education" types...

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Maybe that is something Brions Grill can add as a back room or upper level deal.