What one thing should AD Edwards address first?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Make sure there's little salt packets on the concourse during games.

What kind of demented madman sells tasty chicken fingers and fries without salt? Morons.

If you have to add salt to your chicken finger and fries, they weren't seasoned properly in the first place...

...or you have a dangerous salt addiction for which I would suggest you seek help.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Recent report s say there us no real health risk from salt. So salt away.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Allow me to summarize. Brad Edwards should focus on:

(1) Increasing attendance at games (particularly student attendance);

(2) Corporate sponsorship;

(3) Potential coaching candidates;

(4) Selling naming rights to the Patriot Center;

(5) Upgrades to the baseball stadium and other athletic facilities;

(6) Staff changes in the AD;

(7) Donations to the Patriot Club; and

(8) Marketing and branding;

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Allow me to summarize. Brad Edwards should focus on:

(1) Increasing attendance at games (particularly student attendance);

(2) Corporate sponsorship;

(3) Potential coaching candidates;

(4) Selling naming rights to the Patriot Center;

(5) Upgrades to the baseball stadium and other athletic facilities;

(6) Staff changes in the AD;

(7) Donations to the Patriot Club; and

(8) Marketing and branding;

And more salt packets on the concourse. :cool:

Pablo

Hall of Famer
And more salt packets on the concourse. :cool:

Tom,

The salt packets, hot sauce, "professional" dance teams and cheerleaders, and other amenities considered essential by our posters apply to (1): increasing attendance at games.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Having a salt addiction? There is no such thing. That is like saying your addicted to breathing, water or sex. You cannot be addicted to an essential of life.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

MasonCrew

Starter
Student engagement has to be a priority; corporate partnerships is obviously a big one, too. I would start, though, with several changes with the staff. The overall marketing efforts that come from the current group are lacking.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I hope he realizes that at the largest University in Virginia, in terms of student enrollment, we still have huge issues getting asses in seats, corporate sponsorships are a joke, and our sports marketing program is pathetic. An ad on a city metro bus is not going to inspire me to go to a game nor will free wings or a free chicken sandwich since our team can hardly ever score 80 points in the first place.

Our biggest need is patriot club donors. Every alumni should be able to give back $10-$20 to their university a year. Imagine if even half of George Mason's total alumni gave $10 a year. Holy shit.... I have no idea the numbers for George Mason alumni but I can imagine this would be a damn good monetary number to play with for athletics. However, this is very hard to accomplish so we must supplement our crappy alumni donors with corporate sponsorships. I hope he realizes the amount of companies who are based in NOVA. The amount of big time companies in our area is staggering. If I'm Brad, I am making calls to these companies' board members and officers for meetings, dinners, golf outings, hooker escapades, etc. to lock down some donations to our sports programs.

He needs to break down the entire system here and explore where we have stumbled and failed in the past. Pull out the parts that do not work or are broken, re-assemble/add new parts, implement these changes, test and keep testing/evaluating this new program and see where we can improve even more.

Need to get more money flowing our way.

Oh, and sign Mikey the Chimp to atleast a 3 year deal for 8 performances a year. Depending on how well he performs we can re-sign him.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Selling naming rights to the Patriot Center has been a topic of discussion for a while. Here is a pretty good list of which colleges have naming rights and their value:
http://businessofcollegesports.com/data/naming-rights-deals/

Ticketmaster lists 34 non-basketball Patriot Center events between now and next April. So any naming sponsor gets a fair amount of exposure. That ought to be worth something in determining a fair price. An organization/corporation that could maximize the fit of their name in combination with "Patriot" would be a good way of branding for the sponsor. No shortage of government contractors in the area.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Ticketmaster lists 34 non-basketball Patriot Center events between now and next April. So any naming sponsor gets a fair amount of exposure. That ought to be worth something in determining a fair price. An organization/corporation that could maximize the fit of their name in combination with "Patriot" would be a good way of branding for the sponsor. No shortage of government contractors in the area.

Leidos, who just became a sponsor of DC United and who are looking to get some name recognition might be a good place to start.

JamesMason

Preferred Walk-On

Please a lot of concerts are referenced on local radio stations... ah forget it

He15man

Starter
The naming rights argument certainly makes sense from a revenue perspective, but I'm pretty sure Mason has no say in that. Nor would it reap the full benefits... if any. Because isn't the Patriot Center owned by Monumental Sports (i.e., Ted Leonsis)? I'm almost positive that's still the case. So even if it was a shared revenue stream, I doubt it would be enough to provide the big windfall of dollars people would expect.

mason2k1

Starter
The naming rights argument certainly makes sense from a revenue perspective, but I'm pretty sure Mason has no say in that. Nor would it reap the full benefits... if any. Because isn't the Patriot Center owned by Monumental Sports (i.e., Ted Leonsis)? I'm almost positive that's still the case. So even if it was a shared revenue stream, I doubt it would be enough to provide the big windfall of dollars people would expect.
Wrong. The University owns it. Monumental is contracted to manage it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot_Center