What I will miss about Hewitt's teams

Coach L

Walk-On
Let's see...
  1. Frequent inability to inbound the ball
  2. Careless turnovers
  3. Forced shots 5 seconds into the shot clock
  4. Total confusion on defense
  5. Our players running to try to defend open three point shooters (at least sometimes - usually they just watch) after triple teaming someone in the post
  6. Our tiny guards trying to guard the opponents center/forward

I could continue, but I won't. Your turn...

wijg

Starter
The 4 minute long break in action around the 4 minute mark every second half of every game so that I can use the restroom without worrying about missing any of the other things you have listed.

GMUSig03

All-Conference
Let's see...
  1. Forced shots 5 seconds into the shot clock

Do you expect Halloway to transfer next year? ;)

I will miss not just the unexplained time outs, but specifically the momentum killing timeouts (that preemptively kill our own momentum after a made shot)

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I will miss nothing. Not even the haters who chided me for my excessive hate on the Hewitt hire. I know they wanted our program to stay afloat, but it was plainly obvious then, Hewitt would sink us. And he did. I will miss nothing about Hewitt as he exits, the TOC, Merten stank leaves too. Cheers to new beginings!

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I won't miss:

The defensive switching, the lack of recruiting info and what recruiting info we get usually leads to 6'6 wings or 6'8 forwards. Watching opposing teams celebrate wins on our court constantly. Blowing leads, big or small. Scratching my head at the rotation game after game. The utter disappointment of paying Hewitt a good salary and watching Mason lose constantly.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'll miss the lack of traffic getting in and out of the Patriot Center. This year was a breeze finding a parking spot!

I'll miss being able to count the fans on the opposite side of the arena because of all the empty seats.

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I never had the Paul Hewitt Prime Rib Dip at Brion's, but I bet it was ok. I'm a fan of Jack Cheese.

Hmmm... was that a subtle jab by Brion years ago essentially calling Hewitt a dip?

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
Hey SigmaNorm: shirt idea assuming he's fired, shirts that simply say in all caps "THANK YOU BRAD" or maybe just simply "THANKS" or something else.

Everybody can wear them to the first game.

Cool Disco Dan

Sixth Man
Not realizing your team's season and conf tournament are over because you didn't even consider the possibility that this weekend's conf tournament would start on a Wednesday, since they'd need to play a play in game to get into Thursday's real play in games.

GMUSig03

All-Conference
I'll miss the lack of traffic getting in and out of the Patriot Center. This year was a breeze finding a parking spot!

I'll miss being able to count the fans on the opposite side of the arena because of all the empty seats.

18 people in section 108 for senior night this year. Seriously.