Welcome Woody Newton

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Believe pretty strongly that the 2023-24 Mason squad would walk the dog on the 22-23 team. If Haynes somehow gets a waiver, it’s even more lopsided.

I sincerely hope that you are right and will gladly eat the crow on this one -- but I have a hard time seeing it play out. I think we have plenty of depth at the 2-4 slots, but am questioning whether or not we did anything to address the issues at the 1 and whether or not we'll be okay at the 5 (not really even sure if it will matter if Tony's style truly is what everyone is saying it will be).

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
getting it back to Newton, having him available to play at the 4 (whether as a starter or not) is huge. It means, a, Kelly playing the 4 can be a choice and not a necessity when he does, and b, the likelihood of seeing Pavrette getting minutes simply because one of our bigs is in foul trouble goes down significantly (he will have to earn his time on the floor).

Last edited:

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Kevin Sweeney
@CBB_Central

One of the patterns emerging in the waiver world has been proximity to home has seemed to matter. Robinson and Woody Newton each receive one in hoops heading back within 50 miles of home, and Minnesota football just got one for a Minneapolis native.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Kevin Sweeney
@CBB_Central

One of the patterns emerging in the waiver world has been proximity to home has seemed to matter. Robinson and Woody Newton each receive one in hoops heading back within 50 miles of home, and Minnesota football just got one for a Minneapolis native.
Hasn't worked for Bamisile at vcu even though his family is nearby, although he is appealing the denial of the waiver.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

PATRIOT TRIVIA​

NewtonAP011.jpeg

Through his first nine games in Fairfax, Woody Newton has certainly shown the ability to connect from long range.

With 14 three-pointers on the year, Newton is dialing it up at a 63.6-percent clip from beyond the arc.

Where does he rank nationally with that percentage?

TRIVIA ANSWER​

GBGX3EhbYAA-EHf.jpeg