Welcome Kim English

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
It would be interesting to know what process Oduro went through this summer with the NBA draft evaluation. What feedback did he get? How does KE balance Oduro's development needs to best position him for the draft versus what's best for the team (certainly not mutually exclusive, but there has to be some tension there).

I second this one.

bravesfan

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Yooo, we are working on a 3 part Kim English Summer Series show. It will be recorded in 3 parts. This won’t be stale like the coaches show. We won’t be rehashing last season, we moving forward. I’m going to give you a sneak peak at our outline, what would you change? Get excited, this is massive -

Would love to hear his thoughts on NIL and any impact they have seen there.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Yooo, we are working on a 3 part Kim English Summer Series show. It will be recorded in 3 parts. This won’t be stale like the coaches show. We won’t be rehashing last season, we moving forward. I’m going to give you a sneak peak at our outline, what would you change? Get excited, this is massive -

EP1 - Into the Portal and Back
  1. Your experience in the portal
  2. Pluses and minuses of portal signings
  3. Discuss the portal players
  4. Transition into 2022 class and discuss how Elvis’ recruitment unfolded
  5. Will Saquan play some PG? Where does he fit? Talk further about the PG position
  6. Touch on 2023 recruiting

EP2 - Summer Work

1. Specific position competitions
  2. What are the rules for practicing in the summer
  3. PG position, has someone emerged?
  4. VBJ discussion, where does he fit how is he different from guys we have, talk about his explosiveness and ability to get to the basket. Is he a guy you’ve remained close with
  5. Balancing summer vacays with basketball, do these players get breaks?
  6. Thoughts on your team up to this point

EP3 - Soon Come

1. Talk about the schedule, how does the schedule come to fruition
  2. Do we foresee Covid being an issue and if so how will remain fluid in mid season scheduling and how does that unfold
  3. Preview the roster, talk projected starters, talk positives about players and what some still should work on.
  4. PG position, is Dinkins ready for a lot of minutes. Is Polite going into the season healthy?
  5. Hype up Mason, talk about Mason in the fall, winter sports starting up, this is our segment to sell the school.
  6. Plug By George and our coverage of Mason basketball, how it compares to other bloggers you know.
Look forward to it! When is the first episode scheduled for streaming? Can't wait!

By George.

Starter
Yeah I’d also love to know the impact NIL’s have had on the recruiting and transfer process. Not sure he’d give a straight answer.

I can give some insight here but things may have changed since my last couple convos. I know we were top 3 in the A10 in total NIL deals. We have Jim McKay, Purple Strategies and Washington Media Scholars Foundation. Purple Strategies will sponsor 2 players a year. I think we can all guess who will take Schwartz’ spot. KE will talk about the importance of these deals and creating a community around it but can’t talk about impact on recruiting. I guess he may, but it will be limited. If you own a businesses, consider partnering with a player!

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
We should be #1. Richest area in the world. Lockheed Martin should be sponsoring our best 3pt shooter. While Vulcan Stone should sponsor our worst free throw shooter. Win Win for all on the team.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I’ve heard the same - as far as the A10 goes we are actually in a pretty good spot regarding NIL compared to other A10 teams.
This is awesome. I know we have some good ones in our corner, but wasn't sure how that stacks up with the rest of the league.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Does anyone know someone at George Mason Mortgage? Seems like an easy one.
A bunch of people know the owner and CEO of ATG Title. He is an alum and has been a long time fan. But he took time off when Hewitt was here and been losing a long time, however, has recently been coming around again to games.

Someone from the AD should reach out to him.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
A bunch of people know the owner and CEO of ATG Title. He is an alum and has been a long time fan. But he took time off when Hewitt was here and been losing a long time, however, has recently been coming around again to games.

Someone from the AD should reach out to him.
It is my understanding that some AD's are getting involved in NIL to some degree, but so far, my understanding is that Mason AD is not getting involved in arranging NIL or hasn't with any of the already established ones. My very loose understanding is they are trying to avoid any sort potential violation with the NCAA. I could be completely wrong. That is just the tidbit of info I have to date.

IF I am correct, it might be better for the fans that know said CEO to reach out to him directly instead of waiting for the AD to do it.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Oh man, just recorded our first episode of Talk With Us with Kim English and we definitely cleared some shit up. Tell me what you think, what position will Saquan play?
I said it when he signed (and I was mocked for it), but I think Singleton’s role on this team is PG. Can’t wait to hear the interview (love the title too).

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Oh man, just recorded our first episode of Talk With Us with Kim English and we definitely cleared some shit up. Tell me what you think, what position will Saquan play?

Looking forward to the episode and appreciate you taking care of this.

It’s refreshing to be able to clear stuff up and not scratch our heads all summer. I’m sure point guard will be answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.